Part-Time Professor - CPA Payroll
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The School of Continuing Education
Requires a Part-Time Instructor
CPA - Payroll Course
Durham College is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Important note for part-time instructor applicants:
Part-time recruitment is ongoing and is dependent on when courses are being taught and the need for instructors to teach. Part-time instructors teach up to 6 hours per week. For more information about the different courses we offer, please look at the link to our School: “School of Continuing Education”.
Durham College is seeking an experienced and motivated professional who shares our commitment to quality and student success. The School of Continuing Education requires a part-time instructor to teach “CPA – Payroll courses”. These courses will be delivered in class.
The responsibilities of Durham College Instructors include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a positive learning environment that accommodate students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles;
- Utilizing principles of adult education to actively engage students in the learning process;
- Effectively using educational technologies to support learning leveraging the CPA Learning Management System, as well as managing and posting grades;
- Developing curriculum that uses appropriate strategies and tools to assess student learning;
- Ensuring that all course content is current and relevant;
- Working independently and demonstrating initiative; and
- Working effectively with students, the program team and a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- Minimum of five years of recent business experience that relates directly to the topic being taught;
- Holds an undergraduate degree (or higher) in Business, HR, Accounting or related subject. In addition, a Bachelor or Master of Education are considered assets;
- Holds a current certification as a PCP or CPM through the Canadian Payroll Association;
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level or within a business environment, with the demonstrated application of adult educational principles and teaching/assessment methodologies;
- Superior skills in the areas of verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills, critical thinking and problem solving;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Track record in meeting deadlines;
- Experienced in the use of technology to support student learning and manage grades;
- Self-motivated and independent worker who also functions well in a team environment;
- Committed to life-long learning;
- Understanding of the Ontario community college system.
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant educational credentials and a proven track record of relevant work/teaching experience.
Durham College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
In person: Campus Corners building, 2069 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, Ont.
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal. Applications will be accepted ongoing until a candidate is hired. The competition number is PT-CON-ED-40.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type