Part - Time professor - Analytical Chemistry
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Durham College is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Durham College is seeking an experienced and motivated professional who shares our commitment to quality and student success. The School of Science & Engineering Technology requires a part-time professor for Analytical Chemistry.
This is a continuation of Analytical Chemistry I. Various volumetric methods are studied (acid/base, redox, complexation). More advanced concepts and theory are examined as they deal with each type of analysis. This course also serves as an introduction to instrumental analysis, addressing both electrochemical and spectroscopic methods from an analytical perspective. Problem solving is strongly emphasized. The laboratory portion of this course emphasizes good laboratory technique and practices. Accuracy and precision of analytical results as well as documentation and presentation of laboratory results are evaluated.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR PART-TIME FACULTY APPLICANTS
Part-time recruitment is ongoing and is dependent on when courses are being taught and the need for faculty to teach.
Part-time faculty teach up to 6 hours per week with varied schedules Monday through Thursday between 8:00 am and 9:00 pm and Fridays between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm.
For more information about the different courses available, please look at the link to our School: " https://durhamcollege.ca/academic-schools/school-of-science-and-engineering-technology”
The responsibilities of Durham College Part-time Professors include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a positive learning environment that accommodates students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences, and individual learning styles;
- Utilizing principles of adult education to actively engage students in the learning process;
- Effectively using educational technologies to support learning, manage and post grades, and deliver hybrid and on-line courses;
- Developing curriculum that uses appropriate strategies and tools to assess student learning;
- Ensuring that course and program curriculum is current and relevant;
- Working independently and demonstrating initiative; and
- Working effectively with students, the program team, and a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- A relevant M.Sc. degree (relevant PhD is an asset);
- A minimum of three years of recent (within the past three years) work in an analytical laboratory environment;
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level. A demonstrated understanding and application of Universal Design for Learning and current assessment methodologies would be an asset;
- Experience participating in industry-led or community-based applied research is an asset;
- Demonstrated use of current technologies to support student learning and the management of grades is an asset;
- Proven track record of life-long learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including students, faculty, support staff, administrators and community stakeholders;
- Understanding of the Ontario college system.
To apply, please submit your resume below on-line.
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant educational credentials and a proven track record of relevant work/teaching experience. Applicants must have the appropriate accreditation or trade certification.
Durham College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
In person: Campus Corners building, 2069 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, Ont.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Canada
- Position Type