Part-time Facilitator Normal and Abnormal Kidney Function
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Durham College is seeking an experienced and motivated professional who shares our commitment to quality and student success. The Centre for Professional and Part-Time Learning (PPL) requires a part-time facilitator to deliver the online asynchronous course entitled “Normal and Abnormal Kidney Function”, which is part of our Nephrology Certificate for nurses.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
Reporting to the Program Manager, Health and Community, the online facilitator will provide a highly engaging and effective learning environment for students. This will include:
- Creating a positive learning environment that accommodate students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles;
- Utilizing principles of adult education to actively engage students in the learning process;
- Responding to student emails within 24 to 48 hours;
- Marking and providing comprehensive feedback to students for assessments (i.e. assignments, tests/exams) within 1 week of submission;
- Effectively using educational technologies to support learning as well as managing and posting grades;
- Ensuring that all course content is current and relevant;
- Sustaining an environment that fosters academic honesty and integrity
- Working independently and demonstrating initiative; and
- Working effectively with students, the program team and a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL MEET OR EXCEED THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
Minimum of five years of recent nursing experience that relates directly to the topic being taught;
Holds a Master’s degree (or higher) in Nursing. In addition, a Bachelor or Master of Education and/or professional development in the field of education are considered assets;
Must be registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
Teaching experience at the post-secondary level or within a business environment, with the demonstrated application of adult educational principles and teaching/assessment methodologies;
Superior skills in the areas of verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills, critical thinking and problem solving;
Excellent organizational and time management skills;
A proven track record in consistently meeting deadlines;
Experienced in the use of technology to support student learning and manage grades;
Self-motivated and independent worker who also functions well in a team environment;
Committed to life-long learning;
Understanding of the Ontario college system.
- Required Experience
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant educational credentials and a proven track record of relevant work/teaching experience. Please note that a cover letter is required in addition to a resume in order to apply for this position. Combine these within one document, with the cover letter appearing first. Job competition closes at 4:00pm on Monday July 20, 2020. Competition number is PT-PPL-180.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Canada
- Position Type