Part-Time Facilitator - Early Childhood Education: Fluid Dynamics
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Centre for Professional and Part-time Learning
Requires a Part-Time Facilitator
Early Childhood Education: Fluid Dynamics
Important note for Part-Time Facilitator applicants:
Part-time recruitment is ongoing and is dependent on when courses are being taught and the need for faculty to teach. Part-Time Facilitators teach up to 6 hours per week. For more information about the different courses we offer, please look at the link to our School: “Centre for Professional and Part-time learning,” Durham College is seeking an experienced and motivated professional who shares our commitment to quality and student success. The Centre for Professional and Part-time learning requires a part-time facilitator to teach the course entitled “Fluid Dynamics”. This course will be delivered face-to-face at our Oshawa campus.
The responsibilities of Durham College Part-Time Facilitators include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a positive learning environment that accommodate students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles;
- Utilizing principles of adult education to actively engage students in the learning process on an ongoing basis;
- Effectively and routinely making extensive use of educational technologies to support student learning, provide detailed feedback, and manage and post all grades in a timely and accurate manner.
- Actively encouraging students to complete all feedback surveys
- Developing curriculum that uses appropriate strategies and tools to assess student learning;
- Ensuring that all course content is current and relevant;
- Working independently and demonstrating initiative; and
- Working effectively with students, the program team and a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Participating in online department meetings and professional development sessions
The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- A relevant degree (Master’s is an asset).
- A minimum of five years of recent and relevant work experience.
- Teaching or training experience at the post-secondary level or within a business environment, with the demonstrated application of adult educational principles and teaching/assessment methodologies;
- Superior skills in the areas of verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills, critical thinking and problem solving;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Track record in meeting deadlines;
- Experienced in the use of technology to support student learning and manage grades;
- Self-motivated and independent worker who also functions well in a team environment;
- Committed to life-long learning;
- Understanding of the Ontario community college system.
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant educational credentials and a proven track record of relevant work/teaching experience. Please note that both a cover letter and a resume must be provided in order for your application to be considered for this position.
Durham College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
In person: Campus Corners building, 2069 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, Ont.
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal. Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm on December 16, 2019. The competition number is PT-CON-ED 144.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Canada
- Position Type