Part-Time Course Facilitator Crisis Intervention in Mental Health Nursing Course
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The School of Continuing Education
Requires a Part-Time Course Facilitator
Crisis Intervention in Mental Health Nursing Course
Important note for part-time course facilitator applicants:
Part-time recruitment is ongoing and is dependent on when courses are being taught and the need for a course facilitator to teach. Part-time course facilitators teach up to 6 hours per week. For more information about the different courses we offer, please look at the link to our School: “School of Continuing Education”.
Durham College is seeking an experienced and motivated professional who shares our commitment to quality and student success. The School of Continuing Education requires a part-time facilitator to teach the course entitled “Crisis Intervention in Mental Health Nursing” (NURS 2556). This course will be delivered online and is a part of our online Mental Health Nursing Certificate Program.
The responsibilities of Durham College course facilitators include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a positive learning environment that accommodate students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles;
- Utilizing principles of adult education to actively engage students in the learning process;
- Effectively using educational technologies to support learning as well as managing and posting grades;
- Ensuring that all course content is current;
- Working independently and demonstrating initiative; and
- Working effectively with students, the program team and a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- Minimum of five years of recent nursing experience that relates directly to the topic being taught (mental health nursing);
- Holds an undergraduate degree (or higher) in Nursing. In addition, a Bachelor or Master of Education and/or professional development in the field of education is considered an asset, but is not required;
- Holds a valid certificate of registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a RN. Current CNA Certification in Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing (CPMHN(C) ®) is an asset.
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level and/or within healthcare environments, with the demonstrated application of adult educational principles and teaching/assessment methodologies;
- Superior skills in the areas of verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills, critical thinking and problem solving;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Track record in meeting deadlines;
- Experienced in the use of technology to support student learning and manage grades;
- Self-motivated and independent worker who also functions well in a team environment;
- Committed to life-long learning;
- Understanding of the Ontario community college system.
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant educational credentials and a proven track record of relevant work/teaching experience. Please note that both a cover letter and a resume must be provided in order for your application to be considered for this position.
Durham College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
In person: Campus Corners building, 2069 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, Ont.
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal. Applications will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 20th, 2019. The competition number is PT-CON-ED-141.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Canada
- Position Type