Part-Time Course Developer - Website Design for Entrepeneurs
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Centre for Professional and Part-time Learning requires an Online Course Developer for Website Design for Entrepeneurs – part time contract
Durham College is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Durham College is seeking an experienced and motivated professional who shares our commitment to quality and student success. Reporting to the Dean of the School of Continuing Education, the Course Developer will work closely with the Director of Program Quality and Development to support the creation of engaging and effective course materials within the field of website design for business.
- Create fully online asynchronous course, including navigation, assessments, text and visual content etc.;
- Identify, design, and develop appropriate learning materials for technology mediated learning;
- Implement the principles of Universal Design for Learning during development of materials;
- Maintain alignment of all teaching materials with the course learning outcomes;
- Ensure all materials are AODA and WCAG 2.0 compliant and follow copyright law.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Candidate must possess a BA in a business or web design field;
- At least 5 years of cumulative teaching experience in the field of website development and design;
- High technical skill using all main functions of learning management systems, particularly D2L;
- Basic HTML experience an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of current theories and practices in post-secondary teaching and learning;
- Ability to effectively design, develop and integrate technology to meet curricular needs;
- Demonstrated skill and good judgment in selection of appropriate teaching materials;
- The ability to produce quality written documentation;
- Excellent research and critical thinking skills;
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team and participate in consultative decision making;
- The demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines;
- The organizational skills to take a project from an initial idea through delivery, working under pressure, with minimal supervision.
- Successful applicants will display evidence of their experience through a presentation of their portfolio (digital preferred).
Durham College invites applications from all qualified individuals. Durham is committed to fostering workplace diversity, and, provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
Telephone: 905.721.3073 Email: HumanResources@durhamcollege.ca
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal. Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm on January 2, 2020. The competition number is PT-CON-ED-120. We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Canada
- Position Type