Online Course Developer
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Reporting to the Director of the Centre for Professional and Part-time Learning, the Online Course Developer will work closely with the Director of Program Quality and Development to support the creation of engaging and effective course materials within the field of Management Leadership.
Durham College is seeking an experienced and motivated professional who shares our commitment to quality and student success.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Create a fully online asynchronous course, including navigation, assessments, text and visual content etc. using the basic principles of web design;
- Identify, design, and develop appropriate learning materials for technology mediated learning;
- Implement the principles of Universal Design for Learning during development of materials;
- Maintain alignment of all teaching materials with the course learning outcomes;
- Ensure all materials are AODA and WCAG 2.0 compliant and follow copyright law.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Candidate must possess a master’s degree in business;
- A Bachelor or Master of Education an asset;
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ of leadership experience managing teams in a professional environment;
- At least 5 years of cumulative teaching experience in the field of Management Leadership;
- High technical skill using all main functions of learning management systems, particularly D2L Brightspace;
- Demonstrated technological fluency;
- Excellent knowledge of current theories and practices in post-secondary teaching and learning;
- Ability to effectively design, develop and integrate technology to meet curricular needs;
- Demonstrated skill and good judgment in selection of appropriate teaching materials;
- The ability to produce quality written documentation;
- Excellent research and critical thinking skills;
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team and participate in consultative decision making;
- The demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines;
- The organizational skills to take a project from an initial idea through delivery, working under pressure, with minimal supervision.
- Required Experience
Successful applicants will display evidence of their experience through a presentation of their portfolio (digital preferred).
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant educational credentials and a proven track record of relevant work/teaching experience. Please note that a cover letter is required in addition to a resume in order to apply for this position. Combine these within one document, with the cover letter appearing first. Competition number is PT-PPL-169.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Canada
- Position Type