- Tracking Code
- Job Description
COMPETITION NO. SS19-17R
Salary: Starting Rate: $39.43
Department: ICT Infrastructure, IT Services
Hours: 40 hours per week (1) one hour lunch; Mon – Fri (8:30 am – 5:30 pm)
Reporting To: Director ICT infrastructure
Campus Location: Oshawa
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Director, ICT Infrastructure, the incumbent will be responsible for the enterprise architecture and operations of all campus networks including switches, routers, wireless controllers, VOIP and remote access devices as well as network systems monitoring & management support. A key responsibility is providing hands-on input and leadership to bring network projects to completion including determining and understanding requirements, documentation & planning, providing technical solutions, strategy for implementation, and deployment. This must be accomplished adhering to IT Services standards and procedures. A key initiative is to ensure that service levels are met with a focus on customer service. This will be accomplished through excellent communication, follow up with the customer, and system stability.
- Lead and participate hands-on in technical projects, plan change requirements and implement them in a project team.
- Lead the development & ongoing maintenance of documentation for network infrastructure and systems.
- Act as the IT Services subject matter expert for the following OSPF, QOS, SPB (network protocols), network management best practices, network security, network design and architecture, and network monitoring & management. This will include hands-on implementation of changes / fixes while solving day to day support issues and project implementations.
- Share knowledge and expertise with other technical staff through process documentation, team meetings and one-on-one demonstrations.
- Ensure coordination of systems management and configuration with system and network deployment.
- Provide specialized hands-on technical analysis and information in the determination of root cause, capacity planning, performance and proactive diagnostics for all aspects of network infrastructure, such as network devices and other network appliances.
- Work closely with the service desk and other IT staff for problem determination.
- Responsible for updating and entering support ticket entries with clear & concise data that accurately reflects the actions taken and the resolution applied.
- Adheres to and effectively communicates established process & procedures to clients when necessary.
- Required to work off hours when necessary to address issues, problems, or projects.
- Keep abreast of IT industry trends and change in software and hardware technologies.
- A minimum of a three year diploma/degree in Computer systems or Information Technology
- Minimum of five years’ experience with networking equipment from Extreme Networks (previously Avaya and Nortel) or other major network vendors, and corresponding technologies.
- Advance Networking, Wireless, Firewall and security technology certifications. (e.g. Extreme Networks, Avaya, Cisco, HP/Aruba, Palo Alto)
- Well-developed problem solving skills in order to identify problems determine possible solutions and select the appropriate action.
- Able to cope with work under high pressure and constant changes in priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to work well with users.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, organizational and decision-making skills.
Durham College invites applications from all qualified individuals. Durham is committed to fostering workplace diversity, and, provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal. Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm on September 15, 2019.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Canada
- Position Type