Instructional Designer - Cannabis Program
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Durham College is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
The School of Continuing Education is looking for an experienced instructional designer to develop one (or potentially more) courses relating to the cannabis industry. Reporting to the Dean of the School of Continuing Education and working on a contract basis, the incumbent will collaborate closely with a variety of external subject-matter experts and selected members of the Durham College team. Please note that the incumbent must be available for daytime meetings (either in person or via video conference) with subject-matter experts and others as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop – in partnership with subject matter experts - innovative course designs, learning outcomes, course outlines, content and materials based on best practices in adult learning.
- Ensure each course is learner-centered, clear and concise, and follows a logical structure.
- Proactively collaborate with various team members on this project.
- Work in close partnership with the Dean, Director and external subject matter experts to ensure all deadlines and quality deliverables are met.
- Identify opportunities for the introduction of innovative approaches that will make the course(s) stand out in the market.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education. Master’s Degree in Education is a definite asset. Additional certification(s) such as a CIDD, CTP or CTDP considered beneficial.
- Minimum of 3 years’ recent experience in instructional design for in-class as well as online modalities.
- Deep understanding of adult learning principles and current best practices in instructional design.
- Very strong skills in Articulate Storyline as well as Adobe Photoshop. In addition, solid experience with a broad range of additional learning technologies, combined with the ability to recommend optimal solutions for different learning situations.
- Exceptional skills in communication, critical thinking and research, as well as the ability to work well under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with a team, but also to work proactively and independently.
- Exceptional interpersonal and consultation skills with a high level of adaptability in dealing effectively and positively with diverse team members.
- Experience utilizing good judgment in the selection of appropriate learning techniques.
To apply, please submit your resume below on-line.
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant educational credentials and a proven track record of relevant work/teaching experience.
Durham College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
In person: Campus Corners building, 2069 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, Ont.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type