Full-time Professor Honours Bachelor of Behavioural Science
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The School of Health & Community Services
Requires a Full-time Professor
Honours Bachelor of Behavioural Science
Durham College is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Durham College is seeking an experienced and motivated professional who shares our commitment to quality and student success. The School of Health and Community Services requires a full-time professor to teach in the following areas as a part of the Honours Bachelor of Behavioural Science degree program:
ABA Establishing New Behaviour
ABA Assessment & Intervention
Ethics in Applied Behaviour Analysis
Advanced Topics in Applied Behaviour Analysis
Behavioural Research Analysis & Summary
Analysis of Language in the Clinical Conversation
Candidates must be available to teach Monday through Thursday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. and Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The responsibilities of Durham College Professors include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a positive learning environment that accommodate students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles;
- Utilizing principles of adult education to actively engage students in the learning process;
- Effectively using educational technologies to support learning, manage and post grades, and deliver program curriculum;
- Developing curriculum that uses appropriate strategies and tools to assess student learning;
- Ensuring that course and program curriculum is current and relevant;
- Working independently and demonstrating initiative; and
- Working effectively with students, the program team and a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- A Doctorate of Applied Behaviour Analysis (or equivalent) is required. Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level with a demonstrated understanding and application of UDL and current assessment methodologies.
- Experience participating in industry-led or community-based applied research is an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to putting the student experience first.
- Demonstrated use of current technologies to support student learning and the management of grades.
- Proven track record of life-long learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including students, faculty, support staff, administrators and community stakeholders.
- Understanding of the Ontario college system.
- Practical experience related to legal, ethical, cultural, economic, managerial and professional conduct responsibilities in the health care technology sector.
- In-depth knowledge of Health Care standard systems, regulatory compliance and quality assurance.
- Preference will be given to candidates with relevant educational credentials and a proven track record of relevant work/teaching experience.
- A minimum of five years of recent (within the past three years) and relevant work experience.
- Ability to apply and communicate new concepts and creative strategies for the ongoing development of innovative health care technology management practices.
For more information on the required professional development for all new full-time faculty, please see the following website: http://cafe.durhamcollege.ca/index.php/teaching-learning/dc-teaching-skills-abilities
Candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide a 20-minute teaching demonstration. Details will be provided when interviews are scheduled.
Durham College invites applications from all qualified individuals. Durham is committed to fostering workplace diversity, and, provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
Telephone: 905.721.3073 Email: HumanResources@durhamcollege.ca
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal. Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm on November 13, 2019. The competition number is AC19-36.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Canada
- Position Type