ESports Subject Matter Expert and Curriculum Developer for Human Resources
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The School of Business, IT & Management
Requires a Part-Time Subject Matter Expert and Curriculum Developer
for a Human Resources for ESports Course
Durham College is seeking an experienced and motivated professional who shares our commitment to quality and student success. Reporting to an Associate Dean in the School of Business, IT & Management, the Course Developer will work closely with the Director of Program Quality and Development and other program team members to create engaging and effective course curriculum and learning materials for a Human Resources for ESports course.
- Working with an Instructional Designer to develop course outlines, including learning outcomes, assessments, and weekly objectives that align with appropriate skills required in the field.
- Create a full 14 week course, including developing new content, and establishing logical navigation within the D2L learning platform;
- Review and identify the appropriate textbook(s) and resource(s) to be used in the creation of the courses;
- Identify and design appropriate learning materials for technology mediated learning – this includes text, video and multimedia content, as well as the curation of appropriate activities, resources, and software;
- Implement the principles of Universal Design for Learning during development of materials;
- Maintain alignment of all teaching materials with the course learning outcomes;
- Ensure all materials are AODA compliant and follow copyright law.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Candidate must have recent experience (education or practical) that relates directly to the topic (i.e. Human Resources and Esports)
- Holds an undergraduate degree (or higher) in Human Resources, Business, or a related degree. In addition, a Bachelor or Master of Education are considered assets;
- Teaching experience, with an emphasis on technology enhanced teaching an asset;
- Ability to effectively design, develop and integrate learning materials to meet curricular needs;
- Demonstrated skill and good judgment in selection of appropriate teaching materials;
- The ability to produce quality written documentation;
- Excellent research and critical thinking skills;
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team and participate in consultative decision making;
- The demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines;
- The organizational skills to take a project from an initial idea through delivery, working under pressure, with minimal supervision.
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant educational credentials and a proven track record of relevant work/teaching experience.
Durham College invites applications from all qualified individuals. Durham is committed to fostering workplace diversity, and, provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
Telephone: 905.721.3073 Email: HumanResources@durhamcollege.ca
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal. Job competition closes at 4:00 p.m. on December 2, 2019. Competition number AP19-01.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Canada
- Position Type