- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Durham College is seeking an eLearning Developer for the Centre for Academic and Faculty Enrichment. Reporting to the Manager, eLearning the incumbent is responsible for providing front end web design. They will work closely with various individuals, including, but not limited to, Subject Matter Experts, Multimedia Specialists, Faculty and Support Staff to ensure development timelines are met. The incumbent will work 24 hours a week at a rate of $35.52 per hour. The incumbent will work from September 2019 – March 31, 2020.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Using our Learning Management System (LMS) to build course requirements (i.e. gradebooks);
- Supporting Faculty in the use of our Learning Management System;
- Building fluid course layouts using Bootstrap;
- Developing HTML learning objects, interactive web pages for educational purposes;
- Updating existing interactive course content;
- Ensuring courses are AODA compliant;
- Managing timeline deliverables with Instructional Designers, Subject Matter Experts and/or Schools;
- Coordinating with peers on instructional design principles and how best to teach/display content;
- Work closely with Multimedia Specialists to request media objects for the courses.
- Minimum four-year degree in Education, online learning, instructional design, educational technology, computer science and web or multimedia development
- 4+ years’ experience with Superior knowledge of Learning Management systems (D2L Brightspace preferred)
- 2 years’ experience with building course content (Instructional design experience preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent customer service skills with a strong commitment to provide quality service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills in planning, executing and completing tasks.
- The ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
Durham College invites applications from all qualified individuals. Durham is committed to fostering workplace diversity, and, provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
Telephone: 905.721.3073 Email: HumanResources@durhamcollege.ca
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal. Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm on September 13, 2019. Competition number SP19-25R.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Canada
- Position Type