- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Corporate Training Services
Requires Contract Trainers
Corporate Training Services is seeking experienced trainers who will train participants using customized training materials previously developed by our clients. Corporate Training is seeking to full-fill contract training opportunities in the following areas:
- Instrumentation and Controls/Electronics
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR CONTRACT TRAINER APPLICANTS
Recruitment for contract training is ongoing and is dependent on when training is required by our corporate clients. Trainers are required for varied schedules Monday through Friday depending on client demand. Trainers may also be required during evenings to accommodate client shift schedules.
The responsibilities of Corporate Training Services Trainers include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering corporate training using client-developed materials at Durham College campuses and client locations;
- Creating a positive learning environment that accommodates the diverse culture of the client audience.
- Utilizing principles of adult education to actively engage participants in the learning process;
- Delivering engaging training programs using presentation software and hands-on demonstration equipment;
- Working independently and demonstrating initiative; and
- Communicating effectively with participants, clients and the program team
The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- A Certificate of Qualification in any of the following Construction and Maintenance or Industrial Trades.
- 309A Electrician; or
- 442A Industrial Electrician; or
- 447A Instrumentation and Control Technician
2. A minimum of five years of recent (within the past three years) and relevant work experience.
3. Training experience for corporate clients.
4. Experienced in the use of PowerPoint or Keynote.
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant educational credentials and a proven track record of relevant work experience. Applicants must have the appropriate accreditation or trade certification.
Durham College invites applications from all qualified individuals. Durham is committed to fostering workplace diversity, and, provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
Telephone: 905.721.3073 Email: HumanResources@durhamcollege.ca
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal. Applications will be accepted until filled. Competition number is ADP20-01.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Canada
- Position Type