Course Developer - Marketing Law and Ethics
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The School of Continuing Education
Course Developer – part time contract
Durham College is seeking an experienced and motivated professional who shares our commitment to quality and student success. Reporting to the Dean of the School of Continuing Education, the Course Developer will work closely with the Director of Program Quality and Development to support the creation of engaging and effective course materials within the field of marketing law and ethics.
- Edit fully online asynchronous courses, including copy editing, navigation, assessments, text and visual content etc.;
- Identify, design, and develop appropriate learning materials for technology mediated learning;
- Implement the principles of Universal Design for Learning during development of materials;
- Maintain alignment of all teaching materials with the course learning outcomes;
- Ensure all materials are AODA and WCAG 2.0 compliant and follow copyright law.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Candidates must possess a Bachelors in a Business or Law related field, with a graduate degree preferred;
- At least 7 years recent experience in the field of marketing and/or marketing law;
- At least 5 years of cumulative post-secondary teaching experience, with an emphasis on technology enhanced teaching a asset;
- High technical skill using all main functions of learning management systems, particularly D2L;
- Basic HTML experience an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of current theories and practices in post-secondary teaching;
- Ability to effectively design, develop and integrate technology to meet curricular needs;
- Demonstrated skill and good judgment in selection of appropriate teaching materials;
- The ability to produce quality written documentation;
- Excellent research and critical thinking skills;
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team and participate in consultative decision making;
- The demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines;
- The organizational skills to take a project from an initial idea through delivery, working under pressure, with minimal supervision.
Successful applicants will display evidence of their experience through a presentation of their portfolio (digital preferred).
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant educational credentials and a proven track record of relevant work/teaching experience.
Durham College invites applications from all qualified individuals. Durham is committed to fostering workplace diversity, and, provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal. The competition number is PT-CON-ED-106.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Canada
- Position Type