Course Developer - International Business
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The School of Continuing Education
Course Developer – part time contract
Durham College is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Durham College is seeking an experienced and motivated professional who shares our commitment to quality and student success. Reporting to the Dean of the School of Continuing Education, the Course Developer will work closely with the Director of Program Quality and Development to support the creation of engaging and effective course materials for a course titled International Business (https://durhamcollege.ca/academic-schools/school-of-continuing-education/programs-and-courses/courses/course?subj=MKTG&crse=2282&camp=J).
- Develop course content with the D2L (Desire2Learn) learning management system;
- Edit fully online asynchronous course, including copy editing, navigation, assessments, text and visual content etc.;
- Identify, design, and develop appropriate learning materials for technology mediated learning;
- Implement the principles of Universal Design for Learning during development of materials;
- Maintain alignment of all teaching materials with the course learning outcomes;
- Ensure all materials are AODA and WCAG 2.0 compliant and follow copyright law.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Candidates must possess a graduate degree in Education or Business;
- At least 7 years of experience in the field of International Business as aligned to the course description in link above;
- At least 5 years of cumulative teaching experience, with an emphasis on technology enhanced teaching a asset;
- Experience in corporate training and development a significant asset;
- High technical skill using all main functions of learning management systems, particularly D2L and Moodle;
- Basic HTML experience an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of current theories and practices in post-secondary teaching;
- Ability to effectively design, develop and integrate technology to meet curricular needs;
- Demonstrated skill and good judgment in selection of appropriate teaching materials;
- The ability to produce quality written documentation;
- Excellent research and critical thinking skills;
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team and participate in consultative decision making;
- The demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines;
- The organizational skills to take a project from an initial idea through delivery, working under pressure, with minimal supervision.
Successful applicants will display evidence of their experience through a presentation of their portfolio (digital preferred).
Durham College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type