Chef de Partié
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Chef de Partié
Contract position, up to one year
HOURLY: Starting Rate: $20.71 per hour
Department: W. Galen Weston Centre for Food
Hours: 24 hours per week ; scheduling based on operations and event activity
Reporting To: General Manager, Centre for Food
Campus Location: Whitby- W. Galen Weston Centre for Food
Schedule subject to change and flexibility to schedule evenings/ weekends may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Durham College is looking for a dynamic hospitality professional with a passion for customer service and student success to take on an exciting role in the award-winning W. Galen Weston Centre for Food (CFF). The Chef de Partié participates in the day-to-day back of house operations of Bistro ’67, Catering and Events both on-site and offsite. The Chef de Partié acknowledges the CFF’s field-to-fork and sustainable mission, and helps ensure it maintains its various designations, including Feast ON.
Reporting to the Bistro 67 Executive Chef, the Chef de Partié is responsible for the execution of existing menu items and recipes, assuring that staff and students maintain the quality of presentation, taste and consistency. The position also leads the operation of assigned workstations, has extensive menu knowledge, works with students during scheduled classes and supports the creation of daily specials, prix fixe and special event menus.
The successful candidate will need to follow direction and provide leadership to other staff and students to ensure service is efficient focuses on customer service and supports Durham College, Bistro ’67 and Centre for Food standards.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Supervising the cleanliness of all kitchen equipment including workstations, the prep area, storage spaces and surface areas.
- Works efficiently to assure restaurant, catering and event orders are executed in a timely manner.
- Supervising catering events as required both on-site and offsite
- Overseeing and maintaining stock levels for service and communicate any potential shortfalls to the Executive Chef and Sous Chef
- Checking event contracts daily to anticipate requirements for the next 2-3 shifts
- Assuring staff/ students are following procedures required for recipe prep, proper food storage and portion controls
- Assist the Executive Chef and Sous Chef with training of staff, students, placement and FOOP students
- Following proper sanitation and safety standards within designated work area.
- Familiarity with the legislated Dine Safe Durham food and safety requirements.
- Overseeing the open and closure of the kitchen by inspecting the kitchen workstations at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Communicating with the Executive Chef when product re-ordering is required
- Lead service/ events and assign staff with specific duties to execute service
The successful incumbent will possess demonstrated culinary skills and have at least 3 years of progressive experience in the culinary industry to include work experience in a kitchen environment. Safe Food Handling certification is required. Red Seal certification an asset. The incumbent will possess excellent communication, human relation, and teamwork skills. They will have excellent skills in organization and working well under pressure.
To apply, please submit your resume below on-line.
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant educational credentials and evidence of relevant work/teaching experience.
Durham College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR Assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
Telephone: 905.721.3073 Email: HumanResources@durhamcollege.ca
To apply for this position in confidence, please submit your cover letter and resume to the online portal. Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm on October 9, 2019. Competition number is SP19-56.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Whitby, Canada
- Position Type