Automotive Product Plus Trainer
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Durham College is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
For over 30 years Corporate Training Services of Durham College has been delivering high quality, consultative, results-driven training to organizations and individuals across Ontario. We provide a breadth of exceptional training services delivered by subject matter experts who are also training professionals. As a result we have excellent long-term, trusted relationships with clients who rely on us for all their training needs.
We are seeking an innovative and enthusiastic individual to join our Corporate Training Services team as an Automotive Product Plus Trainer.
Reporting to Pro Plus GM Retail Training Manager, the Product Plus Instructor works collaboratively with team members in the research, design, production and development of training materials that meet the needs and expectations of adult learners. Through the use of various learning aides, the Product Plus Instructor delivers quality training seminars to raise the level of product knowledge, interpersonal and qualifying skills of the GM Canada dealer sales force and selected service and parts personnel.
The Product Plus Instructor effectively communicates ideas and concepts in a clear and concise manner to encourage participation and acts a host, presenter and facilitator for taping of Walkaround videos, Video on Demand productions and for live Video Classroom Training broadcasts to GM Canada dealer sales consultants. In addition the Product Plus Instructor creates exceptional scripts in a timely manner for presentations on various GM Canada passenger cars and light trucks and provides supports in special marketing events such as car rallies, fleet shows, drive-aways and training events.
The successful candidate will:
- Travel across Canada on short notice and an on-going basis
- Be proficient and literate in the use of Microsoft Office (both PC and MAC), Keynote, Pages
- Apply general knowledge in developing and editing video training materials
- Have extensive knowledge with General Motors vehicles and the competition.
- Remain current with ongoing developments within the Canadian car and light duty truck market including automotive technological advancements
- Apply above-average verbal and written communication skills
- Function effectively in a teamwork environment
- 5 years General Motors Dealership Experience or related experience within an automotive environment
- Prior training or instructor experience
- Minimum 2 year College diploma or 3 year University degree
Durham College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
In person: Campus Corners building, 2069 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, ON
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Canada
- Position Type