- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Part-time support opportunity (classification): Regular Time
Hourly rate: $ 24.63
Department: School of Health and Community
Hours: up to 24 hours
Reporting To: Manager, School of Health and Community
Campus Location: Oshawa
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Performs reception/clerical duties both in person, by telephone and e-mail, takes messages, arranges appointments as necessary, responds to a variety of inquiries from students, staff, other departments and the general public, sorts and delivers incoming mail, scans documents and photocopying.
- Provides support services to the Executive Dean, Associate Deans and Manager including preparing and processing large volumes of work including epaf preparation for part-time faculty contracts, correspondence, reports, course outlines, program guides, assessments, scanning and photocopying
- Assists the Administrative Coordinator and Student Advisors as needed.
- Maintains a variety of records such as timetables, expense reports, travel forms, professional development forms, student records, subject outlines, and assessments and establishes and maintains office systems and routines.
- Assists with organizing recruitment for new positions in the school and the onboarding process of new members to the department
- Arranges, attends and records meeting minutes.
- Inputs and obtains various student and other data reports in Banner system, ASA and TPHI systems.
- Two year diploma in Office Administration.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an office environment.
- Proficiency in the use of computer software such as word, excel and powerpoint i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, email, online resources, internet research.
- Experience in an academic environment would be an asset.
- Proven ability to prepare minutes of meetings.
- Excellent customer service/communication skills (verbal, written, and electronic).
- Ability to work independently as well as work collaboratively with team members.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and knowledge of the privacy act.
- Well-developed problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and time management skills including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- A background in the use of Banner would be an asset.
Durham College invites applications from all qualified individuals. Durham is committed to fostering workplace diversity, and, provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Human Resources (HR) department and an HR assistant will work with you to meet your needs.
Telephone: 905.721.3073 Email: HumanResources@durhamcollege.ca
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal. Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm on September 18, 2019. Competition number SP19-54.
We thank you for your interest in employment with Durham College however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Oshawa, Canada
- Position Type