The Chaplaincy Leader will minister to secondary students and staff as well as promote student expression of and commitment to faith within a Christian Community.
This will include the ministries of sacrament, presence, accompaniment, interpretation, celebration, and witness. Retreat work is also included.
- Master of Religious Education or equivalent (from a Catholic institution)
- University degree with a minimum of five courses in Scripture, Catholic Theology, Morality and Liturgy PLUS Certificate in Youth Ministry Studies or Certificate in Chaplaincy (from an accredited Catholic institution)
- Basic university degree with a minimum of 5 courses in Catholic theology (from an accredited Catholic institution) PLUS C.P.E. Advance Standing Certification for institutional Chaplaincy Service.
- Five (5) years permanent teacher experience and/or
- Five (5) years in Chaplaincy or Youth Ministry
- Evidence of basic counselling skills
- Involvement in Catholic parish and/or Catholic community work.
Upload to Apply to Education a Resume and Cover Letter along with a Vision Statement (the role of the Chaplaincy Leader from a personal perspective), a Parish Priest Letter dated within the past year and, if you are a Certified Teacher, an updated Certificate of Qualifications from the College of Teachers.
If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at (905) 890-0708 extension 24323 to provide contact information.
Teacher Personnel staff will contact you within 2 business days.
The Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board is an equal opportunity employer.
We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.