Program Assistant, Rural Landowner Outreach (1 Contract Position)
Anticipated Start and End Dates: April 27, 2020 – December 18, 2020 (35 hours/week), Contract
At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:Program Assistant, Rural Landowner Outreach (1 Contract Position)
Who are we?
Credit Valley Conservation is one of Ontario’s 36 conservation authorities dedicated to protecting, restoring and enhancing our local natural environment. We care for the Credit River, its streams and tributaries from the headwaters in Orangeville to the shores of Lake Ontario in Mississauga. We are scientists, engineers, researchers, educators, environmentalists, stewards, planners, foresters, recreation experts and much more. We create connections between people and nature, knowledge and action. We inspire appreciation for the role of nature in keeping people connected, healthy and happy. We’re leaders and explorers. We are professional and we’re inspired. We know our stuff, and we work every day to make a difference.
Who are you?
You want to be part of an organization with an environmental goal. You get up every day and go to work with purpose. You accept that you may not change the world, but you’ll try to make an impact in your corner. You like to partner with skilled people across many professions. It’s as natural for you to think about the outdoors as it is to think out of the box. You’re passionate, responsible and approachable. You do what’s right, not just what’s easy. You care, and it shows.
Why work for us?
We offer competitive public sector pay. We’re members of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) pension fund. We find time to have fun and celebrate successes. You’ll know your co-workers by name and will make fast friends. You’ll like being at work.
Summary of Functions
This position provides support to Credit Valley Conservation’s (CVC) Countryside Stewardship Program. This includes supporting the administration of CVC incentive programs and targeted outreach campaigns, assisting with the delivery of rural landowner educational workshops and the development of communication materials, and working with internal staff and external stakeholders to meet program objectives.
- Post-secondary education at college/university level in environmental sciences/studies, ecology, geography, natural resource management, landscape architecture, planning or related discipline
- Minimum one year experience related to major tasks
- Experience delivering outreach and promotional campaigns, tools and projects
- Experience delivering adult environmental education programs and materials
- Experience performing research, data collection, and analysis
- Experience in event planning and coordination
- Experience engaging with members of the public and/or stakeholder groups
- Working knowledge and understanding of environmental sustainability concepts and best management practices within or with reference to the rural landscape
- Familiarity with community-based social marketing and behavior change theory
- Strong communication (verbal, presentations/visual and written) and customer service skills
- Demonstrated organizational, administrative and research skills
- Good computer skills, including database management, word processing, GIS and air photo/map interpretation
- Able to work some evenings and weekends
- Valid Class ‘G’ Ontario driver’s license required
Summary of Major TasksEducation and Outreach
- Support program staff in responding to landowner inquiries and conducting site visits
- Support the delivery of incentive programming and targeted outreach campaigns for rural landowners
- Prepare project summaries for CVC grant applications
- Support the coordination and delivery of educational workshops
- Assist with coordination of special events such as bus tours of stewardship projects and of display booth at trade shows and community events
- Assist with the maintenance of program files, photos and materials
- Enter data and conduct analysis related to program metrics for reporting
- Prepare copy for Landowner Outreach newsletters and educational resource materials
- Assist with preparation of correspondence, project reports and briefing notes
Salary starting at: $50, 407
Forward resume by March 4th, 2020 to:
Credit Valley Conservation
Fax: (905) 670-5613 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote "Program Assistant, Rural Landowner Outreach (1 Contract Position)" on resume/letter. Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.Apply for this job