Crew Member, Conservation Parks – Terra Cotta (as needed)
The Credit Valley Conservation Authority (CVC) is a partnership of the municipalities within the Credit River Watershed. We are dedicated to the conservation, protection, restoration and sustainable development of the natural resources of our watershed. Together we have a long and successful history of ensuring a clean supply of water for human and environmental needs. At this time, we are seeking to fill the position of:Crew Member, Conservation Parks – Terra Cotta (as needed)
Summary of Functions
Who are we?
Credit Valley Conservation is one of Ontario’s 36 conservation authorities dedicated to protecting, restoring and enhancing our local natural environment. We care for the Credit River, its streams and tributaries from the headwaters in Orangeville to the shores of Lake Ontario in Mississauga. We are scientists, engineers, researchers, educators, environmentalists, stewards, planners, foresters, recreation experts and much more. We create connections between people and nature, knowledge and action. We inspire appreciation for the role of nature in keeping people connected, healthy and happy. We’re leaders and explorers. We are professional and we’re inspired. We know our stuff, and we work every day to make a difference.
Who are you?
You want to be part of an organization with an environmental goal. You get up every day and go to work with purpose. You accept that you may not change the world, but you’ll try to make an impact in your corner. You like to partner with skilled people across many professions. It’s as natural for you think about the outdoors as it is to think out of the box. You’re passionate, responsible and approachable. You do what’s right, not just what’s easy. You care, and it shows.
Why work for us?
We offer competitive public sector pay. We’re members of the Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) pension fund. We find time to have fun and celebrate successes. You’ll know your co-workers by name and will make fast friends. You’ll like being at work.
Summary of Functions
Reporting to the Superintendent, Conservation Parks, this position requires the candidate to provide excellent customer service and administration of full conservation area program and operations at CVC’s Terra Cotta Conservation Area.
- Must possess a valid Class “G2” or “G” driver’s license in good standing. Successful candidate must provide a MTO Driver’s Abstract. Experience driving all terrain vehicles is an asset;
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and staff both verbally and in written correspondence;
- Standard first aid and CPR is an asset;
- Customer service and cash register experience is an asset;
- Multilingual is an asset;
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions;
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
Summary of Major TasksPerform the following tasks under limited direction.
- Ensure the safe operation and daily inspection of CVC-owned and operated equipment;
- Responsible for handling cash using a cash register with electronic payment and preparing detailed, accurate daily cash reports;
- Assist with the implementation of Conservation Area events and programming;
- Carry out general development, park maintenance and operations procedures in the Conservation Area; which could include, but not limited to heavy lifting, carpentry, plumbing and grounds maintenance;
- Responsible for the assigned day to day operational duties in the Conservation Area and its facilities;
- Provide visitors with detailed information about the Conservation Areas and surrounding areas from a recreational and educational perspective;
- Maintain a good working relationship with staff, visitors, community groups and on-site operators;
- Have ability to work effectively alone and during non-daylight hours.
- March 9-17, 23, 24, 30, 31 and April 6, 7, 13, 14
- Anticipated Start and End Dates: February 19, 2019 to November 1, 2019
Salary starting at: $16.75 per hour
Forward resume by January 18, 2019 to:
Credit Valley Conservation
Fax: (905) 670-5613 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote "Crew Member, Conservation Parks – Terra Cotta (as needed)" on resume/letter. Resumes/letters submitted electronically must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
CVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), CVC will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources (HR) staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.Apply for this job