Reporting to the Manager, Operations Scheduling, the Operations Scheduler is responsible for shift planning, development, reporting, ongoing monitoring and maintenance of the work schedule and related payroll processes for both the Paramedic Services (PS) Department and Long Term Care Departments including Community Programming/Services staff. As a valued member of Paramedic Services and Long Term Care and Seniors Services, the Operation Scheduler demonstrates a commitment to Resident Safety by providing quality care in accordance with the organization’s mission and vision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in order of priority)
1. Prepare the schedule for posting to the corporate information portal and by other means, liaising with staff regarding scheduling changes/updates, and arranging for backfill coverage according to the requirements within the Collective Agreement(s), applicable policies, and operational needs. This may require extended hours to ensure staffing and payroll requirements are fulfilled.
2. Schedule Paramedic Services and Long Term Care staff for special events/up-staff, disaster coverage, continuing education, etc.
3. Enter absence entitlements (vacation, sick, emergency leave, STD etc.) in appropriate scheduling program. Receive and process time off requests (vacation, sick, emergency leave, shift exchange etc.), contact appropriate replacement staff and update the schedule appropriately.
4. Prepare and review payroll reports. Forward all applicable data, adjustment sheets and off-cycle adjustments to payroll to meet pre-established deadlines once appropriate approval(s) is received.
5. Provide key role in customer service responding to inquiries or requests from staff or management.
6. Assist Manager,Scheduling Services and other relevant Paramedic Services and Long Term Care management in attendance management monitoring and reporting; in line with established Corporate and departmental guidelines.
7. Receive all incoming telephone calls, manage shared and personal voicemail message box and email accounts frequently throughout the day.
8. Maintain required reference materials (contact information, leave information, backup schedules etc.) required for continuity of operations.
9. Participate in committees and meetings as required.
10. Provide suggestions to scheduling procedures and processes as required.
11. Create and maintain relevant scheduling reports as required.
12. Prepare, organize and maintain all office files including relevant personnel files.
13. Effectively utilizes all electronic systems provided.
14. Provide administrative support for case review and investigation processes ensuring timely completion.
15. Provide contingency support as part of the emergency and continuity of operations plan/planning process.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
17. Comply with Provincial and County Occupational Health and Safety legislation, regulations, policies and procedures.
18. Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Personal Health Information Protection Act.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS AND CERTIFICATION
• Minimum one (1) year post-secondary diploma in office administration or equivalent to obtain a general knowledge in clerical/office functions, and/or equivalent experience
• Strong ability to use Microsoft Office applications such as: Outlook, Excel, Word
• Preferred – Experience with SAP scheduling processes, including web-shift planning
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Strong ability to multi-task
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong stakeholder/customer management skills
• A minimum of three (3) years of varied office experience, in a fast paced environment
• Experience working with scheduling software, or in a scheduling role
• Experience working with unionized environments an asset
• Visual and mental concentration required when managing a complex scheduling system that must be completed quickly and accurately
• Regular office environment
• Some interactions may be with frustrated employees
• The hours of work for this position reflect the needs of a 24/7 operation and includes evening, weekend and holidays.
• The Centralized Scheduling Office is located at the County of Simcoe Administration Centre in support of emergency planning and continuity of operations
$26.53 - $30.82/hour