Mrs. Claus – Mountsberg Conservation Areas
Do you have a twinkle in your eye? A penchant for the colour red? An affinity for warm cookies?
Conservation Halton is hiring for the role of Mrs. Claus. We are searching for individuals brimming with the Christmas spirit to provide lasting memories for families at Mountsberg’s popular Christmas Town event. Christmas Town is a magical experience that includes a visit to our Elf Academy and Gingerbread House, a wagon ride through the winter woods, hot chocolate and cookies in Mrs. Claus’s Kitchen, and a personal visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus in their country cabin.
The secret ingredient to making Christmas Town magic happen for over 9000 people each year is our people. Our warm and friendly team works together to make Christmas magical for children of all ages and abilities.
Reporting to the Coordinator, Educational Programming, this authentic individual would play the part of Mrs. Claus and provide lasting memories for families taking part in the Christmas Town experience.
- Bringing to life the role of Mrs. Claus and interacting with children and their families in a small group setting
- Providing exceptional customer service for all park guests
- Maintaining the authenticity of costume and role at all times while in public view
- General maintenance (daily set up and light cleaning) of Santa’s Cabin and program equipment
- Working cooperatively with other park staff to ensure an authentic and rewarding experience for all program participants
- Other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- The ability to adapt to the daily challenges associated with a fast paced work environment
- Experience working with young children
- Theatre experience an asset
As this position involves working directly with young children, a satisfactory criminal reference check will be required.
Compensation and Hours
- Start date of November 5th, 2018
- Salary ranging from $14.46 - $19.50 per hour
- 10 - 35 hours per week
Please note: This position involves working scheduled hours that are primarily on weekends, and evenings with some weekdays.
At Conservation Halton, we offer a robust total rewards package, including:
- Free access to all Conservation Ontario parks
- Generous discounts on Conservation Halton services, food and merchandise
- You will join the organization at one of the most exciting times in our 60 year history
- You will have the opportunity to work with a solutions-focused team, and to develop your skills
Our Core Values
Be Respectful: Respect one another, celebrate diversity, and embrace new ideas.
Be Adaptable: Change is constant. Channel your passion, be innovative, and focus on results.
Be Collaborative: Share your knowledge, listen to understand, and always communicate clearly.
Be Sustainable: In everything you do, think conservation.
Be Accountable: Uphold your integrity, demonstrate measurable progress, and strive for excellence.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday October 12th, 2018 at 11:59pm
You application should include:
1. Your resume in a pdf document
2. Reference your name and the position title in the subject line
3. In the body of your email, please indicate where you heard about this opportunity
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Conservation Halton is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Conservation Halton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
← Return to Employment Opportunities