Marketing & Events Coordinator
Full Time Contract (17 months)
Conservation Halton was created to protect, restore and manage the natural resources in our watershed but we have grown to become so much more. Today, our purpose is to protect our communities and conserve our natural environment through planning, education and recreation and to support our partners in the creation of sustainable communities within our watershed. We also have a new strategic plan, Metamorphosis, which will empower us to embrace more innovative ideas and creative solutions, enable us to communicate and collaborate more effectively, create the capacity for us to form new partnerships within the community and position us to become leaders in conservation.
Want to be part of the transformation? We are looking to build our team with the kind of inspired, ambitious people that aren’t satisfied with the status quo, that see the opportunity in every challenge, that are able to manage a project from start to finish, are driven by real, measurable results and thrive in a busy work environment. If you are looking to join an environmentally-focused, socially-conscious community organization, then we are looking for you!
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing & Events Coordinator is a self-starter who is responsible for managing the events marketing portfolio for Conservation Halton (parks, corporate, stewardship, etc.), planning corporate events, and collaborating with program and event teams across the organization.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Planning of corporate events – including project launches, community tree planting, Board of Directors, Annual General Meeting, Citizenship Ceremony, staff engagement, and community partnership – from pre-planning stage through to execution and evaluation stage
- Serving as lead event planner for Conservation Halton Foundation Gala
- Developing event budgets, scope documents, and work-back schedules
- Working with third-party event planners, vendors, and partners
- Managing contracts and invoicing
- Networking with relevant community connections for event collaboration, partnership, and sponsorship opportunities
- Consulting with teams across the organization for program and event development
- Packaging new and existing event offerings to align with target market segments
- Developing promotional plans for Conservation Halton events (mainly park and Glen Eden events) and submitting Creative Services requests for promotional materials
- Managing website event listings, website updates, and sourcing advertising opportunities
- Collaborating with Marketing and Communications team for brand and campaign development
- Developing marketing outreach plans and coordinating event logistics and staffing
- Preparing event kits to ensure a polished and professional brand image
- Sourcing promotional products
- Acting as a resource for key event suppliers (catering, suppliers, AV, décor, etc.)
- Researching other events and community trends
Need to Have
The preferred candidate will have a post-secondary degree / diploma in event management, marketing or communications (or equivalent experience) coupled with the following skills, experience, and abilities:
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, able to relate to individuals from a broad range of backgrounds with the ability to negotiate successfully and build consensus
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications and social media skills (i.e. Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Able to make quick decisions while juggling multiple projects, logistics, and public relations
- Willingness to work some evening and weekend hours as required
- Access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s licence
This Might NOT Be For You…
- If you require direction before acting
- You like to work on projects alone, or in isolation
- You struggle with conflict
- If you prefer to do things as you’ve always done them
- If you like to work reactively rather than proactively
- Starting at $52,000 based on a 35 hour work week
- You will join the organization at one of the most exciting times in our 60 year history
- You will have the opportunity to work with a solutions-focused team, and to develop your skills
- You will work for an organization that places tremendous value on the professional and personal development of its employees
At Conservation Halton, we offer a robust total rewards package, including:
- 35 hour work weeks
- Free access to Conservation Ontario parks
- Season passes and lift tickets for the Glen Eden ski hill
- Generous discounts on Conservation Halton services, food and merchandise
The role will be part of a strong, change-ready team who are looking forward to implementing our strategic plan. Our metamorphosis is now underway and we are looking for the right person.
Our Core Values
Be Respectful: Respect one another, celebrate diversity, and embrace new ideas.
Be Adaptable: Change is constant. Channel your passion, be innovative, and focus on results.
Be Collaborative: Share your knowledge, listen to understand, and always communicate clearly.
Be Sustainable: In everything you do, think conservation.
Be Accountable: Uphold your integrity, demonstrate measurable progress, and strive for excellence.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 11, 2018
You application should include:
- Your resume in pdf format
- Reference your name and the position title in the subject line
- In the body of your email, please indicate where you heard about this opportunity
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Conservation Halton is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Conservation Halton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
← Return to Employment Opportunities