Job Title: Professor, Recreation and Leisure Services
Requisition #: 20-246
Department: School of Community Services
Posting Date: Friday, February 14, 2020
Closing Date: Sunday, March 8, 2020 (midnight)
Vacancy Type: Academic - Full-time
Academic Full-time Replacement Position (Full-time Academic employees and current partial-load employees or persons who have been partial-load employees within 4 months prior to the posting are considered internal applicants and will be given first consideration)
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
As a preferred employer, Conestoga is committed to supporting the development and well-being of our employees through competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and ongoing professional and personal learning opportunities that result in enhanced skills, shared successes and an engaged college community.
The School of Community Services is currently seeking a qualified professional to join the Recreation and Leisure Program in the capacity of Professor, Recreation and Leisure Services. Under the direction of the Chair, the Professor is responsible for the delivery of curriculum, development of an effective learning environment for students, and academic leadership:
- Designing, updating and delivering a variety of courses, including project courses
- Defining, evaluating and validating program and course learning outcomes
- Developing alternative delivery strategies, and online course development and teaching, as required
- Ensuring program and course curriculum are current, relevant and reflective of best practices in the field
- Designing appropriate strategies and tools for facilitating and evaluating student progress and achievement
- Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment which supports the diversity of students’ cultures, educational backgrounds and learning styles
- Participating in department, portfolio/school and college-wide activities/task groups as required
- Working in a collaborative, collegial manner both within the department and across the college
- Development of industry partnerships and collaboration with industry partners
- Fulfilling responsibilities as defined in the Academic Employees Collective Agreement
- Master’s degree in Recreation and Leisure required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of current and relevant industry experience related to Recreation and Leisure Services is required
- Minimum of three (3) years previous experience facilitating adult learning through teaching at a post-secondary level, delivering workshops and/or seminars related to Recreation and Leisure Services.
- Experience with curriculum development is an asset, including online development
- Knowledge and experience of computer systems (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) and educational technologies (e.g. D2L) is preferred
- Demonstrated exceptional presentation, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of an academic team
- Demonstrated ability to relate to learners and providing a positive learning environment to students working at different skill levels including international students and students requiring accommodation is an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to academic excellence and student success, and ability to support Conestoga’s continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Strong relationships with relevant industry contacts and network connections is an asset
Successful applicants will be required to commence employment on August 2020 to teach in the fall and winter semesters.
Apply to this requisition | Print this requisition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.Apply for this job