Job Title: Part-time Subject Matter Expert & Curriculum Developer for Accounting and Financial Management
Competition #: 19-585
Department: School of Business
Posting Date: Thursday, November 28, 2019
Closing Date: Monday, December 9, 2019 (midnight)
Vacancy Type: Academic-Part-time/Contract
Academic Part-time Position
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
As a preferred employer, Conestoga is committed to supporting the development and well-being of our employees through competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and ongoing professional and personal learning opportunities that result in enhanced skills, shared successes and an engaged college community.
Due to continued growth, the School of Business is recruiting Part-time Subject Matter Expert and Curriculum Developer for an Accounting and Financial Management course for development in the winter 2020 semester.
Working under the direction of the Chair, the Subject Matter Expert is responsible for the development of curriculum for online delivery.
About the Course:
This course is designed to provide business managers with knowledge of Financial and Managerial Accounting required to support decision making. This course introduces business managers to quantitative and qualitative techniques and to communication strategies that enable reporting findings in an engaging and professional manner. Additionally, they are introduced to the essential functions including budgeting, the interpretation of financial information and the effective communication of operational and financial strategies.
- Working with an Instructional Designer to develop course outlines, including learning outcomes, assessments, and weekly objectives that align with appropriate skills required in the field
- Create a full 14 week course, including developing new content, and establishing logical navigation within the D2L learning platform
- Review and identify the appropriate textbooks and resources to be used in the creation of the courses
- Identify and design appropriate learning materials for technology mediated learning – this includes text, video and multimedia content, as well as the curation of appropriate activities, resources, and software
- Implement the principles of Universal Design for Learning during development of materials
- Maintain alignment of all teaching materials with the course learning outcomes
- Ensure all materials are AODA compliant and follow copyright law
- Formal education such as a Bachelor’s Degree in Business; Master’s Degree in Business or area related to the discipline
- Post-secondary teaching experience with an emphasis on technology enhanced teaching is considered an asset
- Ability to effectively design, develop, and integrate learning materials to meet curricular needs;
- Demonstrated skill and good judgment in selection of appropriate teaching materials
- The ability to produce quality written documentation
- Strong commitment to academic excellence, student success, and the ability to support Conestoga’s continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team and participate in consultative decision making
- Strong relationships with industry contacts and network connections is an asset
Apply to this competition | Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.Apply for this job