Job Title: Part-time Faculty, User Experience
Requisition #: 20-341
Department: School of Interdisciplinary Studies
Posting Date: Monday, June 29, 2020
Closing Date: Sunday, July 12, 2020 (midnight)
Vacancy Type: Academic - Part-time
Academic Part-time Position
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves around the world and in our local community, Conestoga College continues to adjust plans based on the guidance provided by our local Public Health authority. Considering these unprecedented circumstances, final hiring decisions remain contingent upon confirmed enrolment numbers and the evolving work environment. Conestoga College will take appropriate measures to protect the safety and well-being of our College community and prospective candidates throughout the recruitment and selection process, including the scheduling of remote interviews.
We require qualified individuals to join the School of Interdisciplinary Studies team to teach User Experience to General Arts & Science students commencing fall 2020.
Please note that these courses will be delivered remotely in the fall.
- Post-secondary credential in relevant field is required
- Experience working in User Experience is considered an asset
- Strong computer skills and an understanding of online learning management systems is essential.
- Ability to work on a team to deliver a dynamic interactive course, synchronously or asynchronously
- Competency in adult learning pedagogy and ability to present materials with unique and engaging methods
- Demonstrated experience teaching adult learners, using active learning methods to engage students from diverse disciplines
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, intercultural, and collaborative skills
- Effective organizational skills to provide constructive feedback in a timely manner, academic grading, and maintenance of students records
Conestoga’s courses are scheduled Monday to Thursday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. and Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Candidates must have the ability to teach within these hours.
Apply to this requisition | Print this requisition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.Apply for this job