Job Title: Part-time Faculty, Sales
Competition #: 19-396
Department: School of Business
Posting Date: Friday, August 23, 2019
Closing Date: Sunday, September 22, 2019 (midnight)
Vacancy Type: Academic-Part-time/Contract
Academic Part-time Position
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
As a preferred employer, Conestoga is committed to supporting the development and well-being of our employees through competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and ongoing professional and personal learning opportunities that result in enhanced skills, shared successes, and an engaged college community.
The School of Business is currently seeking qualified professionals to join the Sales faculty team. Under the direction of the Chair, faculty are responsible for providing the delivery of curriculum, development of an effective learning environment for students, and academic leadership.
Part-time teaching is an excellent way to share knowledge and expertise in your field and support your community. A part-time faculty member typically teaches 1-2 courses each semester for approximately 3-6 hours per week in the classroom. You will play a pivotal role in enhancing academic excellence and achieving course learning outcomes by creating an effective learning environment through sound teaching practice. Faculty teach as part of a program team, and develop/deliver curriculum using a variety of engaging and innovative methods.
Specific courses include:
- Introduction to Sales
- Social Selling (sales using social media)
- Sales Forecasting, Trends, and Analytics
Opportunities available at Doon and downtown Kitchener campuses.
- Formal education in Business or Sales required; MBA preferred
- Minimum five years of related experience in a sales or sales research role
- Experience teaching or training is considered an asset
- Demonstrated exceptional presentation, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to relate to learners and provide a positive learning environment to students working at different skill levels including international students and students requiring accommodation
- Previous post-secondary level teaching experience is an asset
- Strong commitment to academic excellence and student success, and ability to support Conestoga’s continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Strong relationships with industry contacts and network connections is an asset
Conestoga offers programs Monday to Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Candidates must have ability to teach within these hours.
Apply to this competition | Print this competition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.Apply for this job