Job Title: Part-time Faculty, Electrical
Requisition #: 20-332
Department: School of Trades & Apprenticeship
Posting Date: Monday, June 22, 2020
Closing Date: Posted until position is filled
Vacancy Type: Academic - Part-time
Academic Part-time Position
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves around the world and in our local community, Conestoga College continues to adjust plans based on the guidance provided by our local Public Health authority. Considering these unprecedented circumstances, final hiring decisions remain contingent upon confirmed enrolment numbers and the evolving work environment. Conestoga College will take appropriate measures to protect the safety and well-being of our College community and prospective candidates throughout the recruitment and selection process, including the scheduling of remote interviews.
We require qualified individuals to teach in the Electrical Apprenticeship program in Kitchener (Doon campus) primarily during day-time hours starting in July or August, 2020. Candidates must be able to teach three to six hours weekly during the day, or early evening. There may be some opportunity to teach on Saturdays as well.
We are currently looking for faculty to teach a variety of subjects including electronics, instrumentation, motors, installation methods, transformers, prints, code, and theory. Some courses will require content to be delivered online.
In your application, please indicate your availability and identify any areas of expertise.
- Ensure student awareness of course objectives, instructional approach, and evaluation systems
- Carry out regularly scheduled instruction according to the format prescribed for the course, including as appropriate, online, classroom, computer-assisted lab lessons, teacher-led, and other instructional techniques
- Evaluate student progress/achievement, assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the students’ work within the assigned course, and maintain records as required
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment which supports the diversity of students’ cultures, educational backgrounds, and learning styles
- Support students in the use of the Learning Management System (D2L), as well as maintain course materials within this system
- Collaborate and build relations with other program faculty
- A Certificate of Qualification in an Electrical trade is required
- Minimum five years of practical work experience
- Experience teaching or mentoring adult learners either in a formal educational setting or in the workplace; post-secondary teaching experience would be considered an asset
- Ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of learners
- Able to demonstrate the ability to work independently and in groups
- Experience or willingness to teach concepts (especially theoretical) through an online learning management platform (D2L /eConestoga)
- Excellent communication, organizational, inter-personal, and problem solving skills
Apply to this requisition | Print this requisition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.Apply for this job