Job Title: Part-time Faculty, Big Data
Requisition #: 20-338
Department: School of Applied Computer Science & Information Technology
Posting Date: Monday, June 29, 2020
Closing Date: Sunday, July 12, 2020 (midnight)
Vacancy Type: Academic - Part-time
Academic Part-time Position
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves around the world and in our local community, Conestoga College continues to adjust plans based on the guidance provided by our local Public Health authority. Considering these unprecedented circumstances, all final hiring decisions remain contingent upon confirmed enrolment numbers and the evolving work environment. Conestoga College will take appropriate measures to protect the safety and well-being of our College community and prospective candidates throughout the recruitment and selection process, including the scheduling of remote interviews.
The School of Applied Computer Science & Information Technology requires experienced professionals to teach part-time for the upcoming fall term (September – December 2020).
The area of instruction is related to the Big Data Solutions Architecture Graduate Certificate Program, including providing instruction on:
- Introduction to Programming (C# and Python)
- Big Data and virtualization tools and methodologies
- NoSQL Databases
- Web Analytics and Business Intelligence Tools
- Other Selected topics related to Big Data
Applied Computer Science & IT Programs will be delivered remotely for the fall 2020 term during weekday/daytime hours (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday to Friday).
- Demonstrable industry experience in a relevant field
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Previous teaching experience at the post-secondary level in a diverse environment is an asset
- Previous experience with a Learning Management System is an asset
- Previous experience delivering remote or virtual training is an asset
Apply to this requisition | Print this requisition
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Conestoga College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.Apply for this job