Senior Corporate Management Policy Consultant
|Job Classification Title||SENIOR CORPORATE MGMT POLICY CONSULTANT|
|Job ID #||2331679 X|
|Division & Section||Strategic & Corporate Policy , Corporate Intergovernmental & Agency Relations|
|Division||Strategic & Corporate Policy|
|Section||Corporate Intergovernmental & Agency Relations|
|Work Location||CITY HALL, 100 QUEEN ST W|
|Job Stream||Policy, Planning & Research|
|Job Type||Permanent, Full-Time|
|Job Type & Duration||Permanent, Full-Time , Indefinite Term|
|Salary/Rate||$110,965.40 - $130,366.60 / Year|
|Hours of Work (bi-weekly)||70.00|
|Shift Information||Monday to Friday, 35 Hours Per Week|
|Number of Positions Open||2|
|Posting Period||06-Sep-2019 to 22-Sep-2019|
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Intergovernmental and Agency Relations, the Senior Corporate Management and Policy Consultant will:
- Lead complex projects and government-wide initiatives on behalf of the City Manager, related to government-wide policy, intergovernmental relations, intergovernmental funding, agency relations, strategic planning, Council governance, and stakeholder engagement.
- Coordinate and provide oversight for major cross-cutting initiatives that involve other governments and their agencies, or multiple City divisions, agencies and corporations.
- Develop processes for strategic planning and priority setting, review of governance structures, and establishing intergovernmental strategies.
- Conduct analysis and develop professional and objective strategic policy advice, discussion papers, staff reports, and briefings for the City Manager, senior officials, the Mayor’s Office, Standing Committees, and Council.
- Identify policy options related to governance structures, management practices, and recommend changes to support management functions and improve efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability.
- Manage strategic and effective relations with other governments, public agencies and partners as required.
- Negotiate sensitive multi-government funding and operational agreements on a variety of matters including infrastructure, housing, immigration and others.
- Manage and coordinate the implementation of intergovernmental infrastructure funding programs across City agencies and divisions, including monitoring and reporting on performance.
- Prepare comprehensive reports and presentations to Committees of Council, and Council.
- Develop analysis and recommendations on provincial and federal legislative changes and recommends policies for the City.
- Identify emerging issues pertaining to government relations, public administration, operations and accountability of the City, and the governance of agencies and corporations.
- Lead multi-disciplinary project teams and work groups, applying proven project management methodologies including full work plans, timelines, deliverables, and the management of budgets.
- Manage assigned projects, ensuring effective teamwork and communication, high standards of work quality and organizational performance.
- Develop terms of reference and requests for proposals and manages external consultants to ensure that contractual obligations are met as outlined in a project’s terms of reference and work program.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ID #2331679 and the job title. The City is committed to providing Code-protected accommodation throughout its hiring process. Please visit Hiring Policies and Statements for further details.