|Job Classification Title||RESEARCH ASSOCIATE CMO|
|Job ID #||2331627 X|
|Division & Section||Strategic & Corporate Policy , Corporate Intergovernmental & Agency Relations|
|Division||Strategic & Corporate Policy|
|Section||Corporate Intergovernmental & Agency Relations|
|Work Location||CITY HALL, 100 QUEEN ST W|
|Job Stream||Policy, Planning & Research|
|Job Type||Permanent, Full-Time|
|Job Type & Duration||Permanent, Full-Time , Indefinite Term|
|Salary/Rate||$76,694.80 - $90,126.40 / Year|
|Hours of Work (bi-weekly)||70.00|
|Shift Information||Monday to Friday, 35 Hours Per Week|
|Number of Positions Open||1|
|Posting Period||06-Sep-2019 to 22-Sep-2019|
- Implements detailed program, project and research plans and recommends policies/procedures regarding program specific requirements.
- Conducts research into assigned area ensuring that such research takes into account developments within the field, corporate policies and practices, legislation and initiatives by other levels of government.
- Provides input into and administers assigned budget, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations.
- Provides project support for government-wide initiatives, corporate policy development, intergovernmental and agency relations, and civic engagement activities.
- Supports the coordination and management of administrative governance structures (i.e. steering committees, program committees, etc.) and processes involving senior staff from City divisions, and other levels of government.
- Monitors emerging issues in order to support senior staff, including monitoring and reporting on key priority initiatives, and maintaining tracking systems on key Committee, Council and Board information and action requests.
- Liaises with program areas and agency and intergovernmental partners to support cross-divisional collaboration and coordination on complex projects and initiatives.
- Provides research support and conducts project research and analysis, including jurisdictional and literature reviews in a number of areas including governance, corporate policy development, intergovernmental relations, government practices and procedures, and performance monitoring systems.
- Assists senior staff in analyzing corporate issues, formulating research objectives and designing and developing implementation strategies on project work.
- Develops and implements data collection instruments and research methods.
- Reviews and analyses statistical data, external reports and research studies, as well as existing and proposed policies.
- Conducts analysis and assesses impacts of government policy and legislative proposals, from all orders of government.
- Updates and maintains web based information related to the division’s mandate.
- Applies an understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, evaluates alternative models and approaches.
- Assists senior staff in identifying options, assessing implications and developing implementation strategies on project work.
- Prepares written comments, reports and summaries on research topics.
- Prepares background studies and briefing notes for projects and assignments, as required.
- Provides support as required in the preparation of reports, briefing material and presentations.
- Liaises with program staff and external organizations in the course of research and analysis.
- Experience in developing and maintaining business and project tracking and reporting tools.
- Experience undertaking independent research and analysis within defined objectives on assigned projects.
- Post-secondary education or training in fields relevant to the job responsibilities, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Familiarity with existing and emerging research and consultation trends and methodologies including application of new technologies, social media and online tools.
- Excellent strategic thinking skills in addition to research, analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with other staff, external partners and community members; including the ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of public administration at the City government level.
- Sound judgement and ability to handle matters of a confidential/sensitive nature.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience with MS Office (e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project) and programs, which assist in the collection and management of electronic and non-electronic data.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion:
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued,
respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
If you are an individual who requires accommodation to apply to this position, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, please email us at email@example.com, quoting job ID #2331627 and the job title. The City is committed to providing Code-protected accommodation throughout its hiring process. Please visit Hiring Policies and Statements for further details.