Payroll Program Assistant 2
|Job Classification Title||PAYROLL PROGRAM ASSISTANT 2|
|Job ID #||2328032 X|
|Division & Section||Policy, Planning, Finance & Admin , Policy, Planning, Finance, & Administration|
|Division||Policy, Planning, Finance & Admin|
|Section||Policy, Planning, Finance, & Administration|
|Work Location||To Be Determined|
|Job Stream||Policy, Planning & Research|
|Job Type||Temporary, Full-Time|
|Temporary Duration||6 Months|
|Job Type & Duration||Temporary, Full-Time , 6 Months|
|Salary/Rate||$30.87 - $33.84 / Hour|
|Hours of Work (bi-weekly)||70.00|
|Shift Information||Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week|
|Posting Period||30-Jun-2019 to|
Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as Payroll Program Assistant 2 within our Policy, Planning, Finance, & Administration Division.
Although there may not be current vacancies, resumes will be kept on file for six (6) months and then deleted from our system. You must reapply after six (6) months.
Under the direction of the Manager, Administrative Services, Program Support and reporting to the Supervisor, Administrative Services, the Payroll Program Assistant 2 will perform a variety of payroll, clerical and administrative functions, supporting Infrastructure & Development Services Divisions:
- Receives attendance reporting information and prepares/processes payroll information.
- Coordinates and inputs daily timesheets and electronic uploads of time & attendance into corporate computerised payroll/absentee system in regards to departmental cost centre changes, attendance, WSIB, lieu time, overtime, acting pay, service pay, kilometres, parking expenses, reimbursement for meal allowances, medical notes etc.
- Prepares and processes personnel documentation for employees, rehires and layoffs i.e. alternate rates, hiring and termination documents, leave of absence requests, increment letters, temporary assignment requests, etc. utilizing corporate/internal electronic systems and hard copy forms
- Prepares, maintains and monitors attendance records for salaried and bi-weekly employees. Calculates, verifies and corrects entitlement for vacation and sick bank credits. Prepares summary sheets on outstanding sick claims and doctor’s certification. Calculates and monitors lieu time as per Corporate Policy and respective Collective Agreements
- Verifies, sorts and distributes payroll statements and T4’s and makes arrangements for cancelled/replacement cheques.
- Reconciles variance banks for positive reporting payrolls and ensures all shift schedules are accurate and balanced in the payroll reporting system
- Responds to enquiries regarding collective agreements, corporate policies, payroll and personnel matters. Verifies, tracks and resolves payroll matters.
- Prepares monthly, annual and ad hoc reports on position status and on employee/organizational unit/cost centre regarding salary status, alternate rates, increments, sick bank/vacation/overtime/lieu time balances and attendance management information and travel expenses.
- Receives payroll and human resources documentation (i.e. secondments, PNFs) to support Payroll transactions.
- Prepares documents and files pertaining to the updating of payroll records in accordance with corporate records management policies and retention schedules. Maintains payroll/personnel records and files for audit purposes.
- Liaises with other departments, divisions, sections, stakeholders, and outside agencies.
- Prepares payroll for a business unit.
- Maintains payroll/personnel records and files for audit purposes.
- Reviews and audits integrity reports relating to electronic upload of time and attendance in SAP.
- Performs daily audit and verifies input for accuracy.
- Involved in supporting divisional, Service Area, and Corporate related initiatives, including payroll modernization.
- Assists / trains staff as required.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
You must also have:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to work independently or carry out instructions with minimal supervision.
- Fundamental business mathematics skills and knowledge of general statistical techniques, or of accounting procedures.
- Ability to set up and maintain manual and computerized filing systems.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a high volume environment.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, with all levels of staff, the public and other divisions.
- Ability to work with attention to detail and accuracy needed for payroll and attendance reporting and maintenance of employee records.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Communication: Please note that we communicate to applicants via email. Therefore, please ensure that your email address is up to date in your TalentFlow account, and that you check your email regularly.
Accommodation: If you are an individual who requires accommodation, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com, quoting job ID #2316090 and the job classification title. The City is committed to providing Code-protected accommodation throughout its hiring process. Please visit Hiring Policies and Statements for further details.