Responsible for providing confidential administrative support to the Director of Community, Recreation and Culture Services, all departmental Managers, and any additional on-site Managers. Coordination and supervision of the administrative support functions of the Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the Director’s schedule; conduct research and preparation to assist in the planning and follow-up from meetings involving the Director and/or Managers;
- Develop and prepare correspondence including corporate reports, presentations and confidential documents.
- Responsible for payroll and timekeeping for all department CUPE 157, Exempt and contract positions.
- Ongoing supervision of accounts payable including: invoicing, VISA, vouchers and any other billing for the department; and all other administrative functions.
- Supervise the Support Services administrative staff which includes recruitment, training, evaluation and discipline.
- Lead departmental stakeholders in the review, development, execution, monitoring and reporting of administrative procedures and processes in compliance with related corporate policies, by-laws, and aligned to Corporate priorities.
- Liaise with stakeholders in other departments to ensure procedures and processes are aligned, inclusive and efficient.
- Assist in the preparation and administration of the department operating and capital budgets. Prepare and deliver annual budget communications and presentations including meeting logistics.
- Oversee the organization and distribution of the department’s information and records; maintain department information on corporate website.
- Continual review of Department’s Record Management System in accordance with approved practice and retention schedules.
- Assist with the project management of the Meridian Centre City Community Suite use, policy review and updating, and execution of annual allocation, including management of promotion, intake, evaluation Committee, communication and distribution.
- Monitor policy and legislative developments, trends and Council matters that could impact department policies and programs and brief Director and Managers accordingly.
- Liaise with Citizen’s First and corporate departments to support timely complaint resolution process and procedure improvements. Respond to inquiries and expedite resolutions of complaints from both external and internal clients
- Provide administrative support to various committees
- Completion of a two-year College Diploma in Office Administration and/or a related field of study.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a related field.
- Proficiency in specific computer systems such as Microsoft Office, FMW, Vailtech, Taleo, MSDS, PSR, ICompass, Work Manager, Web Editor and Adobe Pro.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks with a keen awareness and attention to detail.
- Proven problem solving and decision- making skills.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills to be able to manage and support a team.
- Exemplary communication skills with the ability to work well with other department staff and the public in a professional and courteous manner using tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to liaise with other Municipalities, Regions, Department, Contractors, Agencies, Boards and Commissions.
- Ability to function with minimal supervision.
- Sound coaching, supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proven time management skills.
- High ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated commitment to a safety culture.
Salary Range: Minimum $ 57,938 annually; Maximum $ 72,423 annually
Work Location: 320 Geneva St
Hours of Work: Currently Monday – Friday; 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
THIS IS A CONTRACT POSITION FOR APPROXIMATELY ONE (1) YEAR
The City of St. Catharines is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.