Facilities Operations Supervisor
Req ID: 11701
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Number of Positions: 1
Closing Date: 12/04/2020
Under the direction of the Facility Manager, Facility Operations Supervisor is responsible for the physical and mechanical operations in a portfolio of facilities, which could include, but not limited to: multi-component community centre, indoor/outdoor arena, outdoor pool(s), and heritage halls.
- Supervises and provides leadership to Facility Operators and part time operations staff including: training and development, compliance to standards and individual personal development planning
- Directs, coordinates and supervises operations staff daily work to ensure facility programs, event schedules, levels of cleanliness, health and safety and maintenance standards are maintained.
- Repairs, or arranges repairs to facility, equipment and building systems; establishes and follows through on a preventative maintenance program; maintains the physical assets of the facilities
- Performs full time and part time staff quarterly and annual evaluations and manages performance of all operation staff
- Develops and implements facility procedures and standards ensuring adherence to Corporate Policies, and applicable legislation(s)
- Prepares for approval and monitors all contractual agreements relating to building operations Develops and monitors annual work plan for operations.
- Prepares and manages current and capital budgets; works effectively with the external contractors, lease holders and other City departments
- Leads and participates in divisional and business unit projects, priorities and work task teams Actively participates in the Manager on Duty schedule.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Graduation from a recognized university or college in a trade related to facility management and operations (or equivalent) with 3-5 years experience in building operations or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Professional qualifications related to community centre, arena and multi-sport facility operations (CIT designation, Basic / Advanced Refrigeration, IMEO, IMPT, CPO and "B" Ticket preferred)
- Strong technical skills related to facility operations and repairs
- Valid CPR, First Aid Certification, High Five
- Excellent leadership, planning, organizational, problem solving and time management skills
- Demonstrated supervisory, leadership and team-building skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Excellent oral and written communication skill; ability to establish effective working relationships in a team environment and provide excellent customer service
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), Building Automation Systems
- Experience in CLASS, SAP, (Time and Labour, Financial Reporting) and knowledge of Infor as a definite asset
- Flexible hours and shift work (including evening and weekends) is required.
- Valid G License and access to a vehicle required.
Temporary full time up to one year.
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 80,638.00 - $ 107,518.00
Hours of Work: 40
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Recreation Division
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.