General Manager, Information Services
The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Resumes are being accepted for the position of General Manager, Information Technology within the Information Technology department for the City of Guelph. Under the leadership of the Deputy CAO, Corporate Services, the successful candidate will:
- Play a strong leadership role in transforming the vision for technology at the City of Guelph
- Be responsible for leading the implementation and periodic updating of the technology strategy and policy
- Oversee the operation of the IT governance framework
- Act as an advisor to the IT Governance Committee regarding the most effective use of technology
- Establish a culture that encourages proactive and strategic partnering with department leaders to leverage technology to meet business needs
Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Corporate Administrative Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Community Vision – to be the city that is making a difference.
- Provide visible and positive leadership to staff consistent with the commitments of the City’s Leadership Charter
- Lead and foster an engaged, high performing team; promote continuous learning, professional development and innovation
- Participate in strategic planning for the Service Area as a member of the Corporate Services leadership team
- Establish long-term direction / strategic orientation for the department consistent with the Corporate Administrative Plan
- Position technology as a central part of the Corporate Administrative Plan
- Lead the integration of business and technology through the development and implementation of a business focused technology strategic plan and supporting strategies
- Encourage leaders to leverage the power of IT by working proactively with departments to identify and achieve goals, objectives and long-term strategic directions
- Lead in planning, consolidating and implementing enterprise information systems to support and transform City operations and to achieve more effective and cost beneficial enterprise-wide IT operations
- Lead the work of the IT department and manage the department’s human, physical and financial resources
Performance Monitoring and Measurement:
- Monitor the department’s annual performance against established departmental key performance indicators and industry best practices
- Guide the design and implementation of appropriate policies, procedures, architectures, designs and security protocols throughout the organization
- Identify and mitigate enterprise risks associated with IT Management
- Responsible for the effective operation of the Information Technology Governance Committee;
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and management of the department’s capital and operating budgets; Monitoring and reporting budget variance to the Deputy CAO and Finance
- Manage, consolidate and review departmental annual work plans, IT reserve, capital and operating budgets with recommendations to the Information Technology Governance Committee and Deputy CAO
- University Degree with a major in Computer Science or a related field and experience in developing and communicating a strategic vision for technology. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience operating an effective IT governance framework within a medium to large organization, leading business transformation through technology; public sector experience is considered an asset
- Proven skills in effective change management techniques, strategic planning, operational planning, presentation, group facilitation and project management
- Comprehensive knowledge of information technology systems and software and the ability to manage the entire spectrum of IT operations
- Strong communication, presentation, and relationship management skills with a proven record of establishing effective relationship with elected officials, staff at all levels, the community and strategic business partners
- Demonstrated experience in the administration of budgeting, financial control and human resource management
- Ability to manage complexity and multiple competing priorities in environments or projects that are nonlinear and fast-paced
- Knowledge of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) is an asset
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive salary with an excellent benefit package that considers the candidate’s salary history and track record of success. Further details on the compensation and benefits package can be obtained from the consultant.
Please reply with a compelling cover letter; Comprehensive resume; Salary history; and three (3) professional references.
How to apply
Confidential inquires to:
Deputy Team Lead
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.