The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Resumes are being accepted for the full time position of AMANDA Administrator with the Infrastructure, Development and Enterprise Service Area. Reporting to the Program Manager of Inspection Services, the successful candidate will demonstrate excellent administrative and computer software skills including with AMANDA software, with a focus on quality customer service and continuous improvement processes. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph’s Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Community Vision – to be the city that makes a difference.
- Optimize divisional use of the AMANDA software system.
- Provide training materials and conduct training and ongoing support to AMANDA users.
- Act as a liaison between Corporate AMANDA System Analysts and Building Services including but not limited to data maintenance, troubleshooting, acceptance testing of new applications, municipal property creation & addressing and GIS applications.
- Coordinate projects regarding the implementation of new AMANDA projects
- Prepare reports using data derived from AMANDA software using Excel and present data in a professional manner.
- Support AMANDA integration with other City software systems.
- Gather and analyze user requirements in order to implement system changes to benefit user needs and emerging business process changes.
- Prepare Orders specified under the Building Code Act for Inspectors and the Chief Building Official.
- Prepare Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) and Day Care Letters.
- Assist Inspectors with mobile computing and smartphones.
- Actively support Inactive Permits Program objectives.
- Maintain personal CO detectors and first aid kits for inspection staff.
- Obtain legal information for Inspectors (ownership, registered mail, certified copies).
- Organize Inspector and Technical meetings and accurately complete meeting minutes in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative support to the Program Manager of Inspections when needed.
- Complete mail circulations and other public notices.
- Complete research requests.
- Provide coverage support for Customer Service Representative (Inspections) on an on-going basis.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience related to duties listed above, normally acquired through a minimum two-year post-secondary diploma in the area of Computer Technology or Business Administration.
- A minimum of two years’ experience as an advanced AMANDA system user in a municipal environment. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to effectively resolve customer inquiries/complaints in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Ability to maintain a filing system.
- Ability to coordinate projects and lead teams.
- Ability to prepare training materials and present to staff.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work on your own and in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, stakeholders and the general public.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills; detail oriented with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to prepare presentations on PowerPoint and provide visual presentations of data for reporting purposes.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
$27.63 – $33.90 per hour
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Thursday March 21, 2019. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
Apply for this job
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.