NOTICE OF POSTINGPOSTING DATE: October 1, 2020
RESUME AND LETTER OF INTEREST REQUESTED BY: 10/29/20 POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
|Department:||Human Service Programs|
|Job Title:||Planner/Contract Manager|
|Civil Service Position:||Non Civil Service position|
|Hours Per Week:||37.5 hours per week. Occasional evenings will be required.|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Planner/Contract Manager will manage a portfolio of contracts with nonprofit agencies in the community and will work as part of a team to expand and improve services for homeless and low-income families and individuals in Cambridge. The position is responsible for both contract management tasks and compliance related planning and decision-making for local, state and federal grant programs (Continuum of Care Program and Emergency Solutions Grant Program). The Planner/Contract Manager will work with funders, community agencies and other City staff to maintain funding and other resources, to assess the need for new alternatives and to plan for and develop new resources. This position participates in a variety of internal and external collaborations and provides information and expertise to support the City’s response to housing instability and homelessness. Tasks include:
- Contract development with human services agencies receiving City tax dollars or federal funds through the City of Cambridge.
- Ensuring compliance with funder requirements and with relevant federal, state and local laws.
- Monitoring of programmatic and fiscal performance through reports and site visits.
- Processing payment requests from human services contractors.
- Maintaining regular, ongoing communication with contract agencies.
- Technical assistance and coordination of communications with contract agencies and others.
- Working as part of a team on projects such as needs and resources assessments, grant proposal writing, generation of policies and procedures related to grants administration, report preparation, assembly and interpretation of regulatory guidance and other technical assistance documents.
- Providing staff support to City-initiated planning, policy, and community partnership efforts.
- Actively engage in and support the Department’s Race and Equity Initiative.
- Representing the Department at meetings with various organizations, coalitions and task forces as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At least two years’ experience in some combination of contract management, human service planning or service delivery. Bachelor’s degree in related field or 5 years relevant work experience required. Experience working with HUD a plus.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Well organized and attentive to detail;
- Proficiency in personal computer skills such as Microsoft Office Suite;
- Analytic skills and ability to work with and interpret data to inform decision-making;
- Strong familiarity with homeless service systems and the various types of local, state and federal funding sources for housing and homeless services;
- Proven ability to manage shifting priorities and multiple projects;
- Able to work with accuracy under time restraints;
- Able to read and interpret HUD and other pertinent federal regulations and effectively disseminate related information;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to interact effectively and coordinate efforts with diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders.
Most work takes place in an office setting with air conditioning & fluorescent lighting. Required to attend meetings in various agencies and settings in Cambridge and other nearby localities, so must have the ability to travel to various sites.
Ability to use typical office equipment in an office setting; ability to travel to other local offices and agencies and those in nearby communities.RATE: $59,060-$72,563 annually + excellent benefits
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Resume and letter of interest requested by 10/29/20. Position will remain open until filled.
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.