NOTICE OF POSTINGPOSTING DATE: February 20, 2020
RESUME AND LETTER OF INTEREST REQUESTED BY: 03/23/20 POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
|Department:||Human Service Programs|
|Job Title:||Greens Assistant- Fresh Pond Golf Course, Recreation|
|Civil Service Position:||Non Civil Service position|
|Hours Per Week:||30 hours per week. Early mornings, late evenings, and weekends.|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Taking technical supervision from and reporting to the Head Greenskeeper as well as the Golf Professional/Director, the Greens Assistant is responsible for:
- Performing all agronomic processes, including but not limited to, mowing, watering/syringing, fertilizing, raking sand traps, and aeration
- Using equipment, tools and vehicles necessary to perform the above work on all heights of cut of turf
- Small engine repair and maintenance experience a plus
- Scheduling workforce for 7 days coverage of the Golf Course in the absence of the Greenskeeper
- Supervising other personnel assigned to Golf Course Maintenance
- Performing various tasks assigned by the Director of Recreation during the months the Golf Course is not open for play
Winter turf school certificate or minimum of 2 years of experience working on a golf course. Supervisory experience preferred.
Exposed to all weather conditions and will work in a moderate to high noise level environment caused by the sound of machinery or powered equipment being used. Required to adhere to all safety and dress code policies.
Repetitive lifting between 25 - 200 pounds, bending, squatting, stretching, pushing, dragging and pulling. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
RATE: $21.66-$25.87 per hour + excellent benefits
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: email@example.com or to the Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Resume and letter of interest requested by 03/23/20. Position will remain open until filled.
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.