NOTICE OF POSTINGPOSTING DATE: November 16, 2020
RESUME AND LETTER OF INTEREST REQUESTED BY: 12/15/20 POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Cambridge residents are especially encouraged to apply.
|Department:||Human Service Programs|
|Job Title:||Baby U Family Services Coordinator|
|Civil Service Position:||Non Civil Service position|
|Hours Per Week:||37.5 hours per week, includes weekends and evenings|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Baby University (Baby U) is an intensive family support program of the Center for Families. It serves Cambridge families with at least one child under the age of 4, with a priority given to families living in public or subsidized housing. Through a strength based, racial equity lens, Baby U supports families by providing evidence-based parent education, access to local resources and supports, and opportunities to develop community. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Facilitate with Baby U Program Coordinator and other staff, 14 parent education workshops and playgroups (Saturday mornings currently January - May) during the Core Program.
- Conduct home visits to families enrolled in the program. Provide regular clinical supervision and other support to Baby U staff. Work closely with and provide support to Baby U social work intern.
- Review and develop curriculum for all parent education workshops and playgroups ensuring content creates space for parent reflection, is accessible for different literacy levels, and is culturally relevant. Support other facilitators to deliver content.
- In collaboration with the Center for Families Program Manager and Baby U Program Coordinator, prepare annual program calendar that includes one Core Program and Baby U Alumni Association events: support groups, workshops, field trips, and community building events.
- Oversee childcare implementation and staffing with Father Engagement Specialist. Identify, interview and hire childcare workers for Core Program and Alumni Association events. Train and supervise childcare workers during Core Program. Ensure there are adequate resources to provide safe and appropriate care for the number of children enrolled in childcare. Work with families and the Childcare Supervisor to resolve any challenges.
- With other staff create and implement recruitment plan for Baby U core program.
- Develop and facilitate professional development for Baby U and Center for Families staff.
- Provide consultation to Center for Families staff regarding families served and provide support directly to the Center’s families as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) with at least 7 years of relevant experience; Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with diverse populations of young children and families required.
- Familiarity with family support principals and/or early education required
- Experience with group facilitation and curriculum development
- Experience working in human service and social work fields
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Parent preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. The noise level is moderately to very loud. It includes classroom, outdoor playgrounds, and occasional field trips.
- Be able to use computer
- Be able to move around, stand for a period of time, and bend down as needed
- Be able to hear children and parents who speak in soft voices
- Be able to occasionally lift boxes and/or move a child (up to 40 pounds)
RATE: $66,960 annually + excellent benefits
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Resume and letter of interest requested by 12/15/20. Position will remain open until filled.
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.