Please note: To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now! button. If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Apply for this job
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Organization Overview|| |
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Indigenous Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons
|Title||Professor Hospitality and Digital Learning|
School of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts
The School of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts is hiring a full time Professor in the field of Hospitality Management with a focus on digital learning. A Professor is responsible for providing academic leadership and for developing an effective learning environment for students, in class and online. The successful candidate will lead the integration of technology-enabled learning across the School including online course development, course modifications, program accreditation, applied research initiatives centred around digital learning, community outreach and on-going future program needs. This new role will be a leader and champion for online education and curriculum development that meets the needs of both in class and digital learners. The Professor plays an important role in the successful delivery of students’ academic programs, key student contact, industry expert and importantly, steward of high academic quality.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Tourism Management, Business Management or Education; Master’s Degree preferred
• Graduate credential in online education, curriculum development preferred
• A minimum of 5 years progressive managerial work experience in hospitality operations
• Significant experience developing on-line post secondary curriculum or on-line corporate training courses
• Experience teaching at the college or university level is an asset
• Proven experience using a variety of teaching/learning strategies at the college, university or corporate training level
• Demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning
• Demonstrated competent written, oral and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with a team
• Demonstrated understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion to meet the needs of our diverse students, staff and college community.
|Classification||Permanent - Academic|
|Application Info|| |
Apply online: www.centennialcollege.ca/careers
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online October 30, 2019 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #19-F-67 . Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only
|Salary Range||As per Academic Collective Agreement|