Please note: To apply for a job, please click on the Apply Now! button. If you do not see a job that is suitable for you, feel free to make a general resume submission by clicking on the Submit Resume button at the top.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
Apply for this job
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Organization Overview||Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.|
|Title||Manager of Operations & Recruitment (Temporary Contract)|
|Campus/Site||Progress, with travel to other campuses|
The Business School
1 year temporary contract
Reporting to the Dean of The Business School, the Manager of Operations and Recruitment is accountable for the leadership and service excellence in all day-to-day School operations. The incumbent is responsible for scheduling, planning, organizing and implementing operational systems to meet the School’s evolving goals and objectives and is the primary contact person for all logistical aspects of the School’s functioning in both day and part-time studies.
• Develops and implements School-wide procedures to ensure the operations of the School are conducted with a high level of administrative efficiency and in conformity with sound business practices
•On an ongoing basis, manages and coordinates with the registrar’s office the academic program scheduling process taking into account changing conditions and a variety of internal and external stakeholder interests.
• Works closely with the Dean, Chairs, and Senior Finance Officer, ensuring effective use of human, physical and financial resources for the School through managing, directing and coordinating budgetary allocations and disbursements
• Ensures that School operations at Progress Campus and the two learning sites are properly support and facilitate the academic activities of the School, college processes and the needs of current and prospective students
• Responsible for the recruitment, selection, training, evaluation and development of staff; providing leadership, supervision and support to support staff and temporary support staff across all campuses; ensuring adherence to college and School polices and/or procedures
• In collaboration with Student & Community Engagement and Marketing and Communications. develops and implements a broad range of marketing strategies and initiatives to ensure the growth of all TBS programs and offerings in both day and part-time studies
• Interprets/disseminates reports relating to market competitive analysis, application/enrolment trends, attrition & retention analysis; developing and implementing a broad range of strategies to support retention and enrolment targets across the School.
• Provides advice and support to all faculty, as the first point of contact; offering guidance with policy interpretation and implementation
• Develops effective interdepartmental links and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders with whom collaboration or cooperation is required to fulfil project and/or new initiative mandates
• Responds professionally and tactfully to a diverse range of issues related to academic policies, programs, operating procedures and academic/college services; redirecting as appropriate
• Manages all departmental communications within and external to the department; including semester start-up procedures; mid-term and end of term communiques to faculty, administrators, support staff and other departments
• Participates in college-level planning initiatives and committee activities as requested by the Dean
• Facilitates the implementation of new information technology management techniques/systems to aid in the development of the School’s overall operational plan and objectives
• Maintains statistical data related to vacation days, lieu time, sick days, monthly attendance records, etc.
• Promotes an atmosphere of team effort and high standards of customer service
• 4-year degree in Business Administration or a related discipline. MBA or MPA preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years of management experience covering business strategy, operations management, project management, marketing and communications, office systems, and information technology.
• Supervisory/leadership experience which includes experience with a full range of human resources functions: staffing and recruitment, employee relations, team building, performance management and conflict resolution
• A minimum of 2 years of financial management experience with proficiency in managing budget and budget processes, developing financial forecasts/projections/analysis and developing/implementing appropriate financial control/reporting
• Experience working in a unionized environment, with administration of collective agreements and grievance resolutions an asset
• Demonstrated creativity and ability to implement best practices in the area of marketing products and services using both print and digital media.
•Proficiency with large computerized financial systems and/or student information systems preferably Banner
• Ability to work in stressful situations with the ability to respond to changes and fluctuating demands with shifting deadlines
•Demonstrated organizational, problem solving, and ability to negotiate and/or compromise to balance the unexpected demands of the position
• Strong organizational skills and effective communication skills
• Experience and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment
|Classification||Contract - Administration|
|Request to recruit details||Replacement|
|Salary Range||$73,402 - $91,752 (Pay band 10)|