Registered Practical Nurse, Medicine
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Medicine C
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Closed Date
Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH) is a thriving community hospital that proudly provides acute care services including: Emergency, Surgery, Medicine, Women’s and Children’s Health, Intensive Care, Mental Health, and Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation.
Our vision is to provide exceptional healthcare by exceptional people. Our dedicated and skilled staff are passionate about providing outstanding patient-centred care, and an exceptional patient experience to residents of the Waterloo Region and beyond.
Join CMH as it leads in innovation and compassion! With a beautiful and caring community like no other, you are not just expanding our career; you are enhancing your life! To learn more about CMH, please visit our website at www.cmh.org.
As a key member of the Medicine Team, the Registered Practical Nurse participates in the delivery of exceptional health care to patients by performing a variety of treatments and procedures, assessments, monitoring, interdisciplinary reporting and documenting changes in patient’s overall state. Additional responsibilities include assisting the patient with activities of daily living and providing both the patient and family with relevant information/education. The successful incumbent will demonstrate the application of nursing knowledge through patient assessment and utilizes the Three Factor Framework to manage the full scope of practice for patient care. The physical demands of the role may include but are not limited to sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and bending. Duties as per job fact sheet.
Posted hours do not constitute a guarantee that shifts will not be subject to change.
Skills and Qualifications:
- College of Nurses of Ontario Certificate of Registration in good standing, required
- RPN Diploma or equivalent required
- Current CPR certificate required
- Medication administration course required
- Excellent physical assessment skills required
- Minimum of one year recent medical experience within a hospital setting, required
- Telemetry and/or oncologic and palliative nursing experience preferred
- Demonstrated evidence of ongoing professional education required in related clinical area
- Demonstrated knowledge of discharge planning and appropriate use of community resources, required
- Demonstrated ability to work in a patient centered, multi-disciplinary team environment is essential
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and negotiating skills required
- I.V. trained and certified or willing to obtain within 6 months of hire required
- Must demonstrate familiarity with monitoring patients receiving blood products
- Experience and demonstrated ability in CADD pump maintenance or willing to obtain within 6 months of hire preferred
- Knowledge, experience and competence in managing complex pain and symptoms related to disease processes and palliation preferred
- Must demonstrate psychosocial skills and relevant experience with offering supportive emotional care to the patient and their family/significant others from all cultural backgrounds
- Experience with Meditech system modules preferred
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis is required
The successful external applicant is required to provide the applicable criminal record check, as requested by Human Resources, in accordance with federal and provincial legislation. Valid criminal record checks are in original format and dated with two months from date of conditional offer from CMH.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace. All reasonable accommodation will be made to support participation in the recruitment process. Where needed, accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.