Registered Practical Nurse, Inpatient Surgery
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Job Type
- Part Time
- Closed Date
Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH) is a thriving community hospital that proudly provides acute care services including: Emergency, Surgery, Medicine, Women’s and Children’s Health, Intensive Care, Mental Health, and Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation.
Our vision is to provide exceptional healthcare by exceptional people. Our dedicated and skilled staff are passionate about providing outstanding patient-centred care, and an exceptional patient experience to residents of the Waterloo Region and beyond.
Join CMH as it leads in innovation and compassion! With a beautiful and caring community like no other, you are not just expanding our career; you are enhancing your life! To learn more about CMH, please visit our website at www.cmh.org.
As a key member of the Inpatient Surgery team, the Registered Practical Nurse assumes a participative role on the health care team and will provide nursing services, within their defined scope of practice, to patients based on patient assessment and care planning procedures. This is a part-time position to work 12 hour shifts including days, evenings, nights, weekends and statutory holidays. The physical demands of the role may include but are not limited to prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling. This position contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
Posted hours do not constitute a guarantee that shifts will not be subject to change.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Candidates must be registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario and in good standing
- RPN Diploma or equivalent required
- Current BCLS certificate required
- Demonstrates application of nursing knowledge through patient assessment and recognizing limits of practice and consulting appropriately
- 2 years current medical/surgical experience in an active care setting required
- Medication administration course essential
- CMH certified to initiate IV and administer IV medications required
- Epidural certification and experience in monitoring a patient post epi-morph is preferred
- Demonstrated evidence of commitment to ongoing education essential
- Demonstrate ability to integrate discharge planning and appropriate use of community resources into the client’s care plan
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills in a multidisciplinary environment
- Ability to incorporate knowledge of health promotion into the client’s care plan
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Meditech system modules would be a definite asset
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis is required
The successful external applicant is required to provide the applicable criminal record check, as requested by Human Resources, in accordance with federal and provincial legislation. Valid criminal record checks are in original format and dated with two months from date of conditional offer from CMH.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace. All reasonable accommodation will be made to support participation in the recruitment process. Where needed, accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.