Registered Nurse, Operating Room
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Operating Rooms
- Job Type
- Part Time
- Closed Date
Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH) is a thriving community hospital that proudly provides acute care services including: Emergency, Surgery, Medicine, Women’s and Children’s Health, Intensive Care, Mental Health, and Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation.
Our vision is to provide exceptional healthcare by exceptional people. Our dedicated and skilled staff are passionate about providing outstanding patient-centred care, and an exceptional patient experience to residents of the Waterloo Region and beyond.
Join CMH as it leads in innovation and compassion! With a beautiful and caring community like no other, you are not just expanding our career; you are enhancing your life! To learn more about CMH, please visit our website at www.cmh.org.
As a key member of the Perioperative Services team, this experienced Registered Nurse will work with our dynamic team in the Operating Room. This position is to work all shifts and on-call. This position contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors. Other duties as per job fact sheet.
Posted hours do not constitute a guarantee that shifts will not be subject to change.
Skills and Qualifications:
- College of Nurses of Ontario Certificate of Registration, required
- Diploma required, BScN preferred.
- O.R. post graduate course required
- 2-3 years of current Operating Room nursing experience is required
- Laser certification required
- Must demonstrate evidence of clinical reasoning, problem solving and expanded clinical leadership
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed work environment with an interdisciplinary team
- CNA certification preferred
- CMH certified to initiate intravenous lines and administer intravenous medications required
- Basic arrhythmia interpretation is required
- Familiarity with Meditech system and PICIS system would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis is required
as per the O.N.A. Collective Agreement, all O.N.A. members (full-time, part-time & casual) are eligible to apply for this position.
The successful external applicant is required to provide the applicable criminal record check, as requested by Human Resources, in accordance with federal and provincial legislation. Valid criminal record checks are in original format and dated with two months from date of conditional offer from CMH.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace. All reasonable accommodation will be made to support participation in the recruitment process. Where needed, accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.