Operating Room Attendant
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Operating Rooms
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Closed Date
Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH) is a thriving community hospital that proudly provides acute care services including: Emergency, Surgery, Medicine, Women’s and Children’s Health, Intensive Care, Mental Health, and Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation.
Our vision is to provide exceptional healthcare by exceptional people. Our dedicated and skilled staff are passionate about providing outstanding patient-centred care, and an exceptional patient experience to residents of the Waterloo Region and beyond.
Join CMH as it leads in innovation and compassion! With a beautiful and caring community like no other, you are not just expanding our career; you are enhancing your life! To learn more about CMH, please visit our website at www.cmh.org.
The Operating Room Attendant functions as an integral member of the OR team by providing clinical and environmental support for assigned patients. Performs duties related to patient care under the direction of the RN, RPN and/or physician in accordance with hospital standards, policies and procedures. Must have a good understanding of aseptic technique, principles of infection control and universal precautions. Set up for surgical cases and open sterile supplies. Assists with patient positioning, transfer and holding of limbs within standards established by the hospital. Availability to work days, evenings, weekends, statutory holidays and on-call.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Successful completion of secondary school required
- OR attendant course completion is required.
- Recent experience as a perioperative attendant required.
- Central Service Association of Ontario (CSAO) Medical Device Reprocessing Techniques Classroom Course is a definite asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi task and work in a very fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, public and staff
- Keyboarding skills and knowledge of Meditech a definite asset
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis is required
Posted hours do not constitute a guarantee that shifts will not be subject to change.
The successful external applicant is required to provide the applicable criminal record check, as requested by Human Resources, in accordance with federal and provincial legislation. Valid criminal record checks are in original format and dated with two months from date of conditional offer from CMH.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace. All reasonable accommodation will be made to support participation in the recruitment process. Where needed, accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.