- Job ID
- # Positions
- Job Type
- Part Time
- Closed Date
We are a large acute care, community hospital serving Cambridge, North Dumfries and the Region of Waterloo with 280 physicians, 1100 full- and part-time professional health care staff and more than 500 active volunteers. Our vision is to provide exceptional healthcare by exceptional people, with an emphasis on giving patients and their families an exceptional experience when they visit our hospital. With help from our Foundation partners and our supportive community, we purchase over $4 million of medical equipment each and every year to help ensure you will work with the best tools possible when caring for your patients. In collaboration with universities and colleges, we are also a teaching and placement site for medical, nursing and allied health programs. To learn more about Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH), please visit our website at www.cmh.org.
You will join CMH as we embrace a new era of care, expanded services and innovation. Construction is underway of a modern 5-storey tower and total renovation of all existing inpatient care and clinical support areas. Upon completion in 2022, our new hospital will contain:
- Patient care areas that are doubling in size, including larger surgical suites to accommodate advanced minimally invasive surgical equipment and an Emergency Department with dedicated treatment areas for mental health and different surgical subspecialties
- A patient-centred building design that promotes healing and intuitive wayfinding, while maximizing natural lighting and sight lines to the natural beauty of the Grand River
- An increase in beds from 143 to 197 to accommodate expanded services like Surgery, Mental Health and Intensive Care. About 80% of inpatient rooms will be single occupancy to meet the latest infection control and building code standards for hospitals
The Medical Device Reprocessing (MDR) Technician is a critical member of the team responsible for effective and efficient customer service and maintenance of quality and aseptic control procedures. The role of the MDR Technician involves decontamination, reprocessing, quality assurance checks, assembly & preparation of all reusable medical and surgical equipment, specialty supplies, instrumentation, procedure and surgical trays, distribution and control of sterile and clean items used throughout the hospital systems. Performs other duties as assigned. This position is scheduled to work all shifts - days, evenings, nights, weekends and statutory holidays. This position contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
Posted hours do not constitute a guarantee that shifts will not be subject to change.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Successful completion of secondary school required
- Current certification in reprocessing within the last 5 years from college course or through Medical Device Reprocessing Assosciation of Ontario (MDRAO) is required
- Renewal of MDRD Certification every five (5) years is required
- Minimum 1-2 years’ recent experience in sterilization and instrument reprocessing in a hospital setting is preferred
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills essential
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Computer skills an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job including constant walking, standing, bending and lifting moderate to heavy weights
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis is required
The successful external applicant is required to provide the applicable criminal record check, as requested by Human Resources, in accordance with federal and provincial legislation. Valid criminal record checks are in original format and dated within two months from date of conditional offer from CMH.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace. All reasonable accommodation will be made to support participation in the recruitment process. Where needed, accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.