Manager, Purchasing & Supply Chain
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Closed Date
Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH) is a thriving community hospital that proudly provides acute care services including: Emergency, Surgery, Medicine, Women’s and Children’s Health, Intensive Care, Mental Health, and Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation.
Our vision is to provide exceptional healthcare by exceptional people. Our dedicated and skilled staff are passionate about providing outstanding patient-centred care, and an exceptional patient experience to residents of the Waterloo Region and beyond.
Join CMH as it leads in innovation and compassion! With a beautiful and caring community like no other, you are not just expanding our career; you are enhancing your life! To learn more about CMH, please visit our website at www.cmh.org.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Manager, Purchasing and Supply Chain manages systems performance and provides leadership and expertise in the application of quality improvement principles and practices for Supply Chain & Materials Management for the Hospital. This position is responsible for the effective management and utilization of Supply Services resources, staff and supplies. The incumbent is also responsible for ensuring that materials management processes are carried out in an efficient and effective manner.
- Manage all processes related to human resources according to CMH policies and procedures.
- Manage the procurement and timely receipt of materials and services, and maintains proper inventory levels within Hospital to support all operations.
- Ensure processes and controls are in place to ensure that the appropriate levels of inventory are in place at the appropriate time.
- Manage activities related to the planning, monitoring and control of departmental operations.
- Assist with budget preparation and accountability of departmental budget.
- Negotiate major capital as well as minor equipment and service contracts.
- Plan and implement the timely purchase and delivery of equipment for the capital redevelopment project.
- Provide leadership and support for LHIN procurement iniatives.
- Create Purchase Orders as required.
- Lead the process for sourcing products.
- Expedite critical supplies and equipment.
- Plan product trials.
- Assist customers with analysis, pricing and evaluation.
- Other duties as required.
Posted hours do not constitute a guarantee that shifts will not be subject to change.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A post-secondary degree in purchasing or equivalent required.
- Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC) accreditation is required
- Minimum five (5) years recent related experience in Supply Chain and Material Management or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Related experience in a Healthcare environment preferred, including a working knowledge of inventory control using Meditech.
- Minimum of three years supervisory experience is required.
- Management experience in a unionized environment preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, together with client focused thinking and the ability to work with management at all levels.
- Proven leadership abilities combined with a strong commitment to operating within a team environment, providing the necessary skills to manage effectively in a rapidly changing environment with a focus on customer service.
- Good analytical abilities coupled with effective problem solving and decision making skills, and a demonstrated ability to plan resources and manage expenditures
- Striving for personal mastery; leading with Vision; inspiring and engaging; promoting innovation
- Solid working knowledge of Excel, Word and other MS Office software.
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis is required.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The successful external applicant is required to provide the applicable criminal record check, as requested by Human Resources, in accordance with federal and provincial legislation. Valid criminal record checks are in original format and dated with two months from date of conditional offer from CMH.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace. All reasonable accommodation will be made to support participation in the recruitment process. Where needed, accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.