Diagnostic Imaging, Clerk
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Job Type
- Part Time Contract
- Closed Date
Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH) is a thriving community hospital that proudly provides acute care services including: Emergency, Surgery, Medicine, Women’s and Children’s Health, Intensive Care, Mental Health, and Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation.
Our vision is to provide exceptional healthcare by exceptional people. Our dedicated and skilled staff are passionate about providing outstanding patient-centred care, and an exceptional patient experience to residents of the Waterloo Region and beyond.
Join CMH as it leads in innovation and compassion! With a beautiful and caring community like no other, you are not just expanding our career; you are enhancing your life! To learn more about CMH, please visit our website at www.cmh.org.
The role of the Diagnostic Imaging Clerk is to support the entire Diagnostic Imaging team in their goal to provide the best possible patient care at Cambridge Memorial Hospital. Responsibilities will vary from working directly with patients to ensuring patient scheduling, preparation, registration and requisition management is accurate and complete.
- DI ( includes clerical functions for CT, MRI, X-Ray, Ultrasound, BMD, Mammography, Breast Screening and Nuclear Medicine) patient reception, registration and booking
- DI requisition management, including but not limited to, scheduling, patient screening, profiling and retrieving previous exams & preparation for prioritization
- Telephone reception for D.I.
- Other clerical support duties including CD burning from PACS, film library maintenance, retrieving x-ray films
- Verbal and written communication with patients, radiologists, technologists, referring physicians and their office personnel
- Other clerical and reception duties as required
The physical demands of the role may include but are not limited to prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling. This position requires reaching for, and lifting of, x-ray film files. This position contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors. This is a temporary part-time position (November 2020 to March 2021) to work days and evenings including weekends.
Posted hours do not constitute a guarantee that shifts will not be subject to change.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Community College Diploma in Medical Office Administration or equivalent work experience is required
- 2 years current DI Clerk Receptionist/Booking experience is preferred.
- Experience with the Wait Time Information System (WTIS) is preferred.
- 2 years current experience with Radiology module & CWS module of Meditech is required
- Experience with PACS access and CD burning from PACS is required
- Certificate in medical terminology would be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, organization and time management skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize in an environment with competing priorities is essential
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team is required
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to providing outstanding customer focused patient care is required
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis is required
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The successful external applicant is required to provide the applicable criminal record check, as requested by Human Resources, in accordance with federal and provincial legislation. Valid criminal record checks are in original format and dated with two months from date of conditional offer from CMH.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace. All reasonable accommodation will be made to support participation in the recruitment process. Where needed, accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.