Clerical Associate, COVID-19 Assessment & Testing Centre
- Job ID
- # Positions
- COVID-19 Assessment & Testing Centre
- Job Type
- Part Time
- Closed Date
Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH) is a thriving community hospital that proudly provides acute care services including: Emergency, Surgery, Medicine, Women’s and Children’s Health, Intensive Care, Mental Health, and Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation.
Our vision is to provide exceptional healthcare by exceptional people. Our dedicated and skilled staff are passionate about providing outstanding patient-centred care, and an exceptional patient experience to residents of the Waterloo Region and beyond.
Join CMH as it leads in innovation and compassion! With a beautiful and caring community like no other, you are not just expanding our career; you are enhancing your life! To learn more about CMH, please visit our website at www.cmh.org.
As a key member of our COVID -19 interdisciplinary team, the registration/booking clerk responsibilities include, but are not limited to; registration of patients, order entry, entering demographic information accurately into Meditech, booking appointments for patients, preparing patient packages, and directing patients to the clinic. The successful clerk will have a proven track record in delivering excellent customer service, demonstrate a proven ability to work independently as well as part of an interdisciplinary team, and must maintain strict confidentiality of all patient information in accordance with the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA).
This is a part-time position to work shifts including days and evenings, as well as weekends and holidays.
The physical demands of the role may include but are not limited to prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling. This position contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
Posted hours do not constitute a guarantee that shifts will not be subject to change.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Medical Office Administration program certificate required
- Medical Terminology certificate required
- Minimum two years of current Patient Registration experience required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills required
- Must possess current experience in Meditech admissions and order entry
- Demonstrated organizational and record keeping skills with a focus on accuracy
- Decision-making ability, good judgment, and the ability to coordinate, prioritize and develop effective workflow methods
- Ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment with competing priorities, while demonstrating excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis is required
The successful external applicant is required to provide the applicable criminal record check, as requested by Human Resources, in accordance with federal and provincial legislation. Valid criminal record checks are in original format and dated with two months from date of conditional offer from CMH.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace. All reasonable accommodation will be made to support participation in the recruitment process. Where needed, accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.